MFChop CCS #396 ZX6-R - Race Bike Build - Page 3 - ZX6R Forum
 47Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 66 Old 01-08-2017, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Pro Racer
 
MFChop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tuxedo NY & Wolcott CT
Posts: 723

I Ride: 2015 ZX6-R & 2012 GSX1300R
This weekend I got into the garage; forks pulled and off to get KTech cartridges installed



Hopefully next weekend it will be much warmer and I can begin to address this atrocity; relocating the rectifier under the tail and simplifying the harness like I did on my '05
MFChop is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 66 Old 01-22-2017, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Pro Racer
 
MFChop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tuxedo NY & Wolcott CT
Posts: 723

I Ride: 2015 ZX6-R & 2012 GSX1300R
This weekend the drivetrain was addressed with Renthal Sprockets and a D.I.D. ERV3 Chain




Also I took the time to weigh the different components to see the weight of rotational mass lost was

OEM
Front 184g
Rear 830g
Chain 1650g

Renthal & D.I.D.
Front 150g
Rear 368g
Chain 1845g

Forgot to snap an installed pic so that will have to wait till next weekend, hopefully my forks will be back then too
ninjaman89 and PainfullySlo like this.

Last edited by MFChop; 01-22-2017 at 06:27 PM.
MFChop is online now  
post #33 of 66 Old 01-22-2017, 07:36 PM
Track Star
 
ninjaman89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: CA
Posts: 393

I Ride: 2013 ZX6R
Awesome! I wonder if someday I will care about grams of weight saved...lol
ninjaman89 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34 of 66 Old 01-22-2017, 07:41 PM
MotoGP Champion
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,321

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaman89 View Post
Awesome! I wonder if someday I will care about grams of weight saved...lol
You should always care about that!

The reason why I'm on a diet now and been losing some weight is not to look better or to be healthier...it's to go faster!

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (race bike)
2009 ZX6R (race bike)
2015 R3 (project bike and future race bike)

Sponsors: Vortex Racing, MSM, MTR Cycle

April 2016 and April 2017 6OTM winner!
sbk1198 is offline  
post #35 of 66 Old 01-22-2017, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Pro Racer
 
MFChop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tuxedo NY & Wolcott CT
Posts: 723

I Ride: 2015 ZX6-R & 2012 GSX1300R
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaman89 View Post
Awesome! I wonder if someday I will care about grams of weight saved...lol
Some grams here some grams there, it all adds up. Rotational mass makes a good bit difference. I still plan to add a lightened rear rotor and Mad Scientist Moto Titanium Sprocket Nuts / Rotor Bolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1198 View Post
You should always care about that!

The reason why I'm on a diet now and been losing some weight is not to look better or to be healthier...it's to go faster!
At 150lbs Im all set in that department lol
PainfullySlo, Newyork and sbk1198 like this.
MFChop is online now  
post #36 of 66 Old 01-22-2017, 08:43 PM
Track Star
 
Petrolsexual's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 464

I Ride: 2009 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1198 View Post
You should always care about that!

The reason why I'm on a diet now and been losing some weight is not to look better or to be healthier...it's to go faster!
The weather this weekend was actually nice so I rode my road bike. My watch told me I burned 1,100 cal (who knows how accurate that is) so I stopped on the way home to get a 1,000 cal milkshake. Then I ate spaghetti for dinner. Winter season is bulking season! I'm up 10 lbs so far and I fit in my suit Friday so I'm not worried yet, that will be a problem for future me. #everydaynetpositive
ninjaman89 and PainfullySlo like this.
Petrolsexual is online now  
post #37 of 66 Old 01-22-2017, 08:46 PM
MotoGP Champion
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,321

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrolsexual View Post
The weather this weekend was actually nice so I rode my road bike. My watch told me I burned 1,100 cal (who knows how accurate that is) so I stopped on the way home to get a 1,000 cal milkshake. Then I ate spaghetti for dinner. Winter season is bulking season! I'm up 10 lbs so far and I fit in my suit Friday so I'm not worried yet, that will be a problem for future me. #everydaynetpositive
Haha nice! Winter is hard cuz I don't do much and I eat more cuz I'm bored. I was 240 at my worst, now I'm at hovering around 215 but plateaued in the last month or so. Burning calories should be cheaper than buying titanium or carbon...but it sure as hell isn't easier! lol
Petrolsexual likes this.

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (race bike)
2009 ZX6R (race bike)
2015 R3 (project bike and future race bike)

Sponsors: Vortex Racing, MSM, MTR Cycle

April 2016 and April 2017 6OTM winner!
sbk1198 is offline  
post #38 of 66 Old 01-23-2017, 05:47 AM
MotoGP Champion
 
PainfullySlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,164

I Ride: 64 Ducati Monza, 99 Sprint ST, 04 TTR125, 04 Sportster, 09 GSXR600, 12 Street Triple, 13 ZX6R
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFChop View Post
This weekend the drivetrain was addressed with Renthal Sprockets and a D.I.D. ERV3 Chain




Also I took the time to weigh the different components to see the weight of rotational mass lost was

OEM
Front 184g
Rear 830g
Chain 1650g

Renthal & D.I.D.
Front 150g
Rear 368g
Chain 1845g

Forgot to snap an installed pic so that will have to wait till next weekend, hopefully my forks will be back then too
Good stuff and thanks for the weight measurements. Something that I always meant to do but forgot. Interesting that the aftermarket chain weighs more than the OEM but man, the weight savings on the rear sprocket is extreme! Lower MOI = win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrolsexual View Post
The weather this weekend was actually nice so I rode my road bike. My watch told me I burned 1,100 cal (who knows how accurate that is) so I stopped on the way home to get a 1,000 cal milkshake. Then I ate spaghetti for dinner. Winter season is bulking season! I'm up 10 lbs so far and I fit in my suit Friday so I'm not worried yet, that will be a problem for future me. #everydaynetpositive
Hahaha. Awesome! I frequently wear my fitbit when riding to monitor my heart rate which has the added benefit of logging about 50k steps for the day :-p
Petrolsexual likes this.
PainfullySlo is offline  
post #39 of 66 Old 01-23-2017, 06:27 AM Thread Starter
Pro Racer
 
MFChop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tuxedo NY & Wolcott CT
Posts: 723

I Ride: 2015 ZX6-R & 2012 GSX1300R
Quote:
Originally Posted by PainfullySlo View Post
Good stuff and thanks for the weight measurements. Something that I always meant to do but forgot. Interesting that the aftermarket chain weighs more than the OEM but man, the weight savings on the rear sprocket is extreme! Lower MOI = win!
I figured it would be slightly heavier due to its durability. I might re-weigh it though, I think theres about 1lb of that factory grease on it lol. Im sure its a minimal difference but if I'm throwing up numbers they might as well be accurate.

Don't forget the loss from your shiny bits soon. Waiting for the forks to be done so I can kill two birds with one trip up that way.

Last edited by MFChop; 01-23-2017 at 06:40 AM.
MFChop is online now  
post #40 of 66 Old 01-23-2017, 09:30 AM
Track Star
 
ninjaman89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: CA
Posts: 393

I Ride: 2013 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFChop View Post
Some grams here some grams there, it all adds up. Rotational mass makes a good bit difference. I still plan to add a lightened rear rotor and Mad Scientist Moto Titanium Sprocket Nuts / Rotor Bolts

At 150lbs Im all set in that department lol
haha I'm right around there too at about 165lbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrolsexual View Post
The weather this weekend was actually nice so I rode my road bike. My watch told me I burned 1,100 cal (who knows how accurate that is) so I stopped on the way home to get a 1,000 cal milkshake. Then I ate spaghetti for dinner. Winter season is bulking season! I'm up 10 lbs so far and I fit in my suit Friday so I'm not worried yet, that will be a problem for future me. #everydaynetpositive
hahaha bulking season FTW! I'm in the same boat, trying to gain 5-10lbs.
ninjaman89 is offline  
post #41 of 66 Old 01-23-2017, 10:33 AM
MotoGP Champion
 
PainfullySlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,164

I Ride: 64 Ducati Monza, 99 Sprint ST, 04 TTR125, 04 Sportster, 09 GSXR600, 12 Street Triple, 13 ZX6R
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFChop View Post
I figured it would be slightly heavier due to its durability. I might re-weigh it though, I think theres about 1lb of that factory grease on it lol. Im sure its a minimal difference but if I'm throwing up numbers they might as well be accurate.

Don't forget the loss from your shiny bits soon. Waiting for the forks to be done so I can kill two birds with one trip up that way.
Remember that I am not in Rocky Hill any longer =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaman89 View Post
haha I'm right around there too at about 165lbs
You damn kids! 5'8" and 190lbs here. I wish that I had that skinny, euro body type but I have shoulders and a chest :-(
Felixthecat likes this.
PainfullySlo is offline  
post #42 of 66 Old 01-23-2017, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Pro Racer
 
MFChop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tuxedo NY & Wolcott CT
Posts: 723

I Ride: 2015 ZX6-R & 2012 GSX1300R
Quote:
Originally Posted by PainfullySlo View Post
Remember that I am not in Rocky Hill any longer =)
I know Ive already creeped through your house when you weren't there
MFChop is online now  
post #43 of 66 Old 01-23-2017, 02:39 PM
MotoGP Champion
 
PainfullySlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,164

I Ride: 64 Ducati Monza, 99 Sprint ST, 04 TTR125, 04 Sportster, 09 GSXR600, 12 Street Triple, 13 ZX6R
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFChop View Post
I know Ive already creeped through your house when you weren't there
Stranger Danger!

Seriously, you should stop over. Things are a lot nicer now.
PainfullySlo is offline  
post #44 of 66 Old 02-22-2017, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
Pro Racer
 
MFChop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tuxedo NY & Wolcott CT
Posts: 723

I Ride: 2015 ZX6-R & 2012 GSX1300R
Special delivery from one of the best vendors out there! Love Armour Bodies, their stuff is almost indestructible. I've been using their bodywork for 9 years now and never a single complaint or issue. Now the only problem is how to paint it... Im giving my paint guy free reign to do what ever the hell he wants, so this will be interesting





I also ordered one more kick a$$ piece Ive yet to see any other 636 guys with so I cant wait for it to come in!

Last edited by MFChop; 02-22-2017 at 08:01 AM.
MFChop is online now  
post #45 of 66 Old 02-22-2017, 10:07 AM
Superbike Champion
 
Felixthecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Salinas, CA
Posts: 1,074

I Ride: 2012 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFChop View Post
Special delivery from one of the best vendors out there! Love Armour Bodies, their stuff is almost indestructible. I've been using their bodywork for 9 years now and never a single complaint or issue. Now the only problem is how to paint it... Im giving my paint guy free reign to do what ever the hell he wants, so this will be interesting





I also ordered one more kick a$$ piece Ive yet to see any other 636 guys with so I cant wait for it to come in!
Going to give us any clues as to what this mysterious piece is??

2012 Ninja ZX6R
Ohlins TTX MKII Rear Shock - Ohlins Steering Dampener - Yoshimura Carbon Fiber R77 Full System - Power Commander 5 tuned to 121rwhp - Schnitz ECU Flash - Core Moto SS Brakelines - Armour Bodies Track Fairings - Motion Pro Quick Turn Throttle - Woodcraft Case Savers LHS, RHS, Timing Cover - Driven Block Off Plates - Driven Gas Cap - Driven Sprockets and Sprocket Nuts - Servo Buddy - Ballistic 8-Cell Li Battery - SpeedoDRD

2007 ZX6R( Deceased 3/1/16 @ Laguna Seca )
Felixthecat is online now  
Reply

  ZX6R Forum > ZX6R Forum > Mechanical and Technical > The Build Thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Some Thoughts and Tips On Bike Theft Prevention groomlake Motorcycle Talk 50 11-02-2016 03:20 AM
Chassis Geometry 101, and why using the rear brake on the racetrack can be ok. PainfullySlo Racing 38 04-22-2016 01:09 PM
AM #396 MFChop LRRS /CCS Round 4 Race Report - You cant stop me from racing! MFChop Racing 8 08-18-2015 03:11 PM
2013 Kawi ZX6R 636 Race Bike WCCoffey Classifieds 15 12-08-2014 01:43 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome