Alright guys, so thought I'd post up a few pictures of my ZX6R i've just bought and use this as a record for the little things I want to do it. Nothing major planned but looking to do a bit of weight loss on the bike and removing the catalytic converter, maybe a quick shifter too at some point.
First impressions are i LOVE the handling. On my old aprilia mille, even though it was an R verison with ohlins and the suspension was serviced etc I just didnt have the confidence in it in the corners, never felt stable or composed enough for me. Straight away with the ZX6 it feels so smooth and clinical. I love it.
One thing that is bothering me a little bit is compared to my old mille which had a race pipe fitted never sounded 'offensive' if you get me, quite a mellow smooth sound, whereas this zx6 is asking to be thrashed, so i do but it sounds so aggressive overtaking cars and making progress down my favourite roads. I think this is something I will get used to in time but i'm sure i've gotten way more dirtier looks from people on this bike than my old v twin.
That being said, i've done 500 miles now and I really am growing to love the motor.
Anyway, enough waffling, here it is:
now, first little job was to remove the decals as i want it as black as possible
it took me a while, especially with the rim tape which caused some colourful language as the sticker snapped on me a few times as i was peeling it off
Happy with the results though
Now a few things on my list to do in order of how quick I am gonna get round to them
1) Tail tidy, the rear mudguard on this thing is bloody massive and so is the plate! Will be getting a tail tidy from evotech and a slightly smaller number plate (without taking the piss)
2) Ram mount mobile phone holder (sick of having to stop to look at my phone for new routes!)
3) Lightweight shido battery
4) Blackwidow 400mm carbon endcan and link pipe - looks to be a bargain at £230!
5) Eventually I wanna decat the headers and then either go PCV or Bazzaz fi (not sure which to be honest) and get a dyno map sorted!
Will keep this thread updated with my progress
btw question for anyone. Is there any easy method to remove weight from the bike inexpensively? Link pipe, carbon muffler and lightweight battery is all i can think of!