new member out of Montreal - ZX6R Forum
 10Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 05-11-2016, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Koushtj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Laval, Qc
Posts: 13

I Ride: 2005 zx6r zx636
new member out of Montreal

Hey guys, just picked up an 05 zx636 last week. been looking for a bike for sometime now. drove her home gave her a wash and took her apart for some maintenance.

thesighbored likes this.
Koushtj is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 Old 05-11-2016, 08:45 PM
Superbike Champion
 
thesighbored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 1,061

I Ride: '12 Ninja ZX-6R
Nice bike!
Koushtj likes this.

thesighbored is offline  
post #3 of 18 Old 05-15-2016, 11:52 PM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Koushtj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Laval, Qc
Posts: 13

I Ride: 2005 zx6r zx636


took out all the plastics in the rear and painted the original bracket black. will be installing flashers since I don't think blinkers in tail light are visible enough.
thesighbored likes this.
Koushtj is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 18 Old 05-15-2016, 11:54 PM
ZX6r.com Supporting Member
Supporting Member
 
Sam37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Bangor, NI, UK
Posts: 63

I Ride: 2007 ZX6R
Welcome!

Be careful though, everyone with 05/06 models on this forum seem to be crashing them at the moment
darren likes this.
Sam37 is offline  
post #5 of 18 Old 05-16-2016, 12:22 AM
World Superbike Racer
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 1,256
Details man, how many miles? How much did you give for it? If you don't mind. I am curious how much you East Coast/Midwest/ Canadian guys have to pay for your Creampuffs. I may find one acroos the country, if I smash my track bike anytime soon. Nice SCOOT.
Koushtj likes this.
the prophet is offline  
post #6 of 18 Old 05-16-2016, 12:23 AM
World Superbike Racer
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 1,256
We ride the shit out of them out here in Cali, so they don't look like that for long.........
the prophet is offline  
post #7 of 18 Old 05-16-2016, 07:15 AM
Track Star
 
bboytaktix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Montreal, Qc
Posts: 473

I Ride: 2014 zx6-dirty-6
Welcome! I too reside in Montreal; what area do you live in? Quite the motorcycle scene here. You have your full license? Lot of temps around here.

Lots of people meet up at the Julep on thursday nights, it's kinda fun, I usually go a few times at the beginning and end of the season to see some ppl, gets tiresome fast lol.

Good luck with the exhaust, hope you are lucky and don't get ticketed! Cops around here LOVE giving tickets for that...they even have exhaust stops (just like alcohol stops) to verify if stock or not LOL, waste of resources indeed!

Nice to see more local members on here!
Koushtj likes this.
bboytaktix is offline  
post #8 of 18 Old 05-16-2016, 07:47 AM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Koushtj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Laval, Qc
Posts: 13

I Ride: 2005 zx6r zx636
Quote:
Originally Posted by the prophet View Post
Details man, how many miles? How much did you give for it? If you don't mind. I am curious how much you East Coast/Midwest/ Canadian guys have to pay for your Creampuffs. I may find one acroos the country, if I smash my track bike anytime soon. Nice SCOOT.
Sorry I guess I could have added more details. Bike is pretty much stock except the Yoshi slip-on. it has 30000km on it. apart from a leak from the valve cover gasket everything else is in order. picked her up for 3600$.
Koushtj is offline  
post #9 of 18 Old 05-16-2016, 07:51 AM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Koushtj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Laval, Qc
Posts: 13

I Ride: 2005 zx6r zx636
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboytaktix View Post
Welcome! I too reside in Montreal; what area do you live in? Quite the motorcycle scene here. You have your full license? Lot of temps around here.

Lots of people meet up at the Julep on thursday nights, it's kinda fun, I usually go a few times at the beginning and end of the season to see some ppl, gets tiresome fast lol.

Good luck with the exhaust, hope you are lucky and don't get ticketed! Cops around here LOVE giving tickets for that...they even have exhaust stops (just like alcohol stops) to verify if stock or not LOL, waste of resources indeed!

Nice to see more local members on here!
Hey thanks, I'm actually in Laval. this bike passed inspection last year at the saaq with the exhaust on. I have had my full license for a while also. Maybe we will run into each other at Julep this summer.
Koushtj is offline  
post #10 of 18 Old 05-16-2016, 08:10 AM
Track Star
 
bboytaktix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Montreal, Qc
Posts: 473

I Ride: 2014 zx6-dirty-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koushtj View Post
Hey thanks, I'm actually in Laval. this bike passed inspection last year at the saaq with the exhaust on. I have had my full license for a while also. Maybe we will run into each other at Julep this summer.
cool, sounds good! I hope for your sake you don't get stopped. I would love a slip-on but have been hesitating for that exact reason. May pass inspection but you can still get ticketed unfortunately.
bboytaktix is offline  
post #11 of 18 Old 05-16-2016, 08:53 AM
World Superbike Racer
 
mijustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Toronto Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,331

I Ride: '05 ZX6R 636
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam37 View Post
Welcome!

Be careful though, everyone with 05/06 models on this forum seem to be crashing them at the moment
Sam37 likes this.
mijustin is offline  
post #12 of 18 Old 05-16-2016, 09:36 AM
Team Green
 
Vince347's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Montreal
Posts: 112

I Ride: 4th gen zx10r street, 09 zx6r track
Welcome , iam from Qc also this is a good bike i had one i loved it!
Koushtj likes this.
Vince347 is offline  
post #13 of 18 Old 05-16-2016, 04:17 PM
World Superbike Racer
 
mijustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Toronto Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,331

I Ride: '05 ZX6R 636
Garage
You're going to love this bike...amazing..so amazing that I bought another 6 days after totaling mine
Koushtj likes this.
mijustin is offline  
post #14 of 18 Old 05-16-2016, 08:04 PM
World Superbike Racer
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 1,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koushtj View Post
Sorry I guess I could have added more details. Bike is pretty much stock except the Yoshi slip-on. it has 30000km on it. apart from a leak from the valve cover gasket everything else is in order. picked her up for 3600$.
Nice, sweet ride. Good deal too. I think that's like 18,000 miles?
the prophet is offline  
post #15 of 18 Old 06-13-2016, 03:53 PM
Squid
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Montreal QC
Posts: 3
Hey I'm from Montreal too. Just joined the forum. Anyone close by west island? My road test is still on August. Need some practice!!! I have an 05 zx6r white.
Sonny3g is offline  
Reply

  ZX6R Forum > Regions > Canada

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New member to the ZX6R Forum GabrielB1231 The ZX6R 7 07-06-2015 07:29 PM
ZX6R.com Member Demographics Kozaru The ZX6R 84 01-15-2014 11:41 AM
New member from Plymouth UK stewy1973 New Users 5 10-09-2011 04:15 AM
new member CougarHunter New Users 9 08-13-2011 11:43 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome