Any riders in Alabama? - ZX6R Forum
 2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 07-06-2014, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: mobile, alabama
Posts: 25

I Ride: 2013 kawasaki zx6r 636
Any riders in Alabama?

Trying to figure out if there are any forum members in Alabama. I'd like to set up a group ride one weekend!
Lando is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 Old 10-28-2014, 06:08 PM
Squid
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 7
revive the dead! I'm in Bham
Mikezx666r is offline  
post #3 of 16 Old 10-28-2014, 06:43 PM
Track Star
 
zaksears08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Columbia, MO
Posts: 534

I Ride: 2007 zx6r - track, 2013 zx6r - street, 2001 kx250 - dirt, 2006 v-star - street
I'm in Pensacola, FL. Just a short ride from Mobile. Another forum member and I ride pretty often. We've been looking for some new terrain.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." - T.S. Eliot
zaksears08 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 16 Old 11-13-2014, 11:38 AM
Squid
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Posts: 3

I Ride: 2006 Ninja ZX6R
I'm in Tuscaloosa

2WheeledLogan Motovlogs: http://www.youtube.com/2wheeledlogan
2WheeldLogan is offline  
post #5 of 16 Old 01-17-2015, 03:01 AM
Squid
 
311motosport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 37

I Ride: 2006 ZZR600 & 2007 Ninja 650R
I am in Huntsville (North Alabama). Try Bama Rides

2006 ZZR 600 20k miles. Michelin Pilot Power 3's. Two-Brothers exhaust. R & G frame sliders. AmsOil 10w-40, AmsOil oil filter and K & N air filter. Stock motor.

2007 NINJA 650R 29k miles. Michelin Pilot Power 3's. Two-Brothers slip-on. Two-Brothers Juice Box. R & G frame sliders. AmsOil 10w-40, K&N oil filter and BikeMaster air filter. Stock motor.

PERFECT PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT!!
311motosport is offline  
post #6 of 16 Old 01-17-2015, 03:26 AM
Post Master General
 
Scorpi0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: LA, Cali
Posts: 9,377

I Ride: 06 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaksears08 View Post
I'm in Pensacola.


??
Scorpi0 is online now  
post #7 of 16 Old 01-17-2015, 04:48 AM
Track Star
 
pucksdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Toney, Alabama
Posts: 325

I Ride: 2013 RC8R, 2005 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by 311motosport View Post
I am in Huntsville (North Alabama). Try Bama Rides
Do you ever ride with our group, Tennessee Valley Sportbike Club? We started in '99 and ride weekly in nice weather on Sundays up into Tennessee usually through Jackson County to Winchester, over to Lynchburg for lunch, back to Fayetteville, then HSV. We change it up about a third of the time. On good springs about 15 or more riders, down to 4 or 5 on not so good days.
pucksdown is offline  
post #8 of 16 Old 01-17-2015, 06:22 AM
Post Master General
 
davidreaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hunstville, AL
Posts: 6,994

I Ride: 01 ZX6R, Too many to remember
I use to live in Mobile but now I live in Huntsville


One Man, One Life, Many Motorcycles
Youtube - CLICK FOR TRACK VIDEOS
The contents of the above post may not be safe for children, expectant mothers, or the elderly. The above post should probably not be taken seriously but should be taken with a quart of whisky. Misuse of the above post may cause rash, infection, joint pain, bleeding gums, car trouble, bad weather, black mold and/or anal seepage.
davidreaper is offline  
post #9 of 16 Old 01-17-2015, 06:35 AM
MotoGP Champion
 
zx racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Scottsboro,AL
Posts: 4,133

I Ride: 04 ZX-636
Im in Scottsboro, AL 30 miles east of Huntsville. Its usually 15-20 of us that rides some good twisties every week if the weather permits.
zx racer is offline  
post #10 of 16 Old 01-17-2015, 06:36 AM
Squid
 
311motosport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 37

I Ride: 2006 ZZR600 & 2007 Ninja 650R
Quote:
Originally Posted by pucksdown View Post
Do you ever ride with our group, Tennessee Valley Sportbike Club? We started in '99 and ride weekly in nice weather on Sundays up into Tennessee usually through Jackson County to Winchester, over to Lynchburg for lunch, back to Fayetteville, then HSV. We change it up about a third of the time. On good springs about 15 or more riders, down to 4 or 5 on not so good days.
Yes I have a road with a couple of times and had lunch downtown Lynchurg at the little diner. Im on the Facebook page with the group also. I had trouble keeping up on my Ninja 650R and I dont like holding people up. Everyone said its no big deal but I don't like "being that guy". I bought a 2006 ZZR 600 which is alot faster so i should be able to keep up now. Only thing is I bought it in Nov. 2014 and hardly have any seat time. It's TOTALLY different from my "Twin 650" I want to get some seat time in, get to know my bike and get comfortable with my bike before I group ride with you guys running the pace you all run. I'm not trying to kill myself or worse yet someone else!! I may try to join in to the trip to "Deals Gap". I hope to be ready by mid summer or the end of the summer to join in with the group. I made friends with "Charles Lifer" he has hung back with me when Ive joined in. I am sure you know him, ex-cop, super rider, super nice guy was riding a Green Ninja 1000. I probably rode with you before. I didnt join in and ride last year. It was 2 years ago the last time I rode with the group. Look forward to riding with you and meeting you (again)!!
pucksdown likes this.

2006 ZZR 600 20k miles. Michelin Pilot Power 3's. Two-Brothers exhaust. R & G frame sliders. AmsOil 10w-40, AmsOil oil filter and K & N air filter. Stock motor.

2007 NINJA 650R 29k miles. Michelin Pilot Power 3's. Two-Brothers slip-on. Two-Brothers Juice Box. R & G frame sliders. AmsOil 10w-40, K&N oil filter and BikeMaster air filter. Stock motor.

PERFECT PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT!!
311motosport is offline  
post #11 of 16 Old 01-17-2015, 07:35 AM
Track Star
 
pucksdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Toney, Alabama
Posts: 325

I Ride: 2013 RC8R, 2005 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by 311motosport View Post
Yes I have a road with a couple of times and had lunch downtown Lynchurg at the little diner. Im on the Facebook page with the group also. I had trouble keeping up on my Ninja 650R and I dont like holding people up. Everyone said its no big deal but I don't like "being that guy". I bought a 2006 ZZR 600 which is alot faster so i should be able to keep up now. Only thing is I bought it in Nov. 2014 and hardly have any seat time. It's TOTALLY different from my "Twin 650" I want to get some seat time in, get to know my bike and get comfortable with my bike before I group ride with you guys running the pace you all run. I'm not trying to kill myself or worse yet someone else!! I may try to join in to the trip to "Deals Gap". I hope to be ready by mid summer or the end of the summer to join in with the group. I made friends with "Charles Lifer" he has hung back with me when Ive joined in. I am sure you know him, ex-cop, super rider, super nice guy was riding a Green Ninja 1000. I probably rode with you before. I didnt join in and ride last year. It was 2 years ago the last time I rode with the group. Look forward to riding with you and meeting you (again)!!
Thanks! That's me. I now ride an orange 2005 636. The Ninja 1000 was not fun above 8/10's pace. My son, a teen, and I will be on the Deal's Gap trip so I will be going really slow by most standards to keep him safe.
pucksdown is offline  
post #12 of 16 Old 04-06-2015, 01:36 PM
Track Star
 
pucksdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Toney, Alabama
Posts: 325

I Ride: 2013 RC8R, 2005 636
311motorsport, will be making a couple of Deal's Gap 1-day rides soon on Sundays. If interested let me know. It will be slower than most due to teaching my teenage son to ride and he is only on a GS500 Suzuki.
pucksdown is offline  
post #13 of 16 Old 04-06-2015, 06:48 PM
Post Master General
 
davidreaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hunstville, AL
Posts: 6,994

I Ride: 01 ZX6R, Too many to remember
Quote:
Originally Posted by pucksdown View Post
311motorsport, will be making a couple of Deal's Gap 1-day rides soon on Sundays. If interested let me know. It will be slower than most due to teaching my teenage son to ride and he is only on a GS500 Suzuki.
Do you guys know a faster way?
when we rode to the gap we took 72 to chatanooga and it was boring for the first 2 hours.


btw for the new peeps in the thread I live in huntsville now....


One Man, One Life, Many Motorcycles
Youtube - CLICK FOR TRACK VIDEOS
The contents of the above post may not be safe for children, expectant mothers, or the elderly. The above post should probably not be taken seriously but should be taken with a quart of whisky. Misuse of the above post may cause rash, infection, joint pain, bleeding gums, car trouble, bad weather, black mold and/or anal seepage.
davidreaper is offline  
post #14 of 16 Old 05-19-2016, 12:12 PM
ZX6r.com Supporting Member
Supporting Member
 
litner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South US
Posts: 1,511

I Ride: 2006 Zx6r 636
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2WheeldLogan View Post
I'm in Tuscaloosa
hey I live near Columbus. Wanna ride sometime?

"Danger is certain. Fear is optional." ~Unknown
"Jam Harder, Penetrate Deeper, Dispense Longer" & "In God we Trust... All Others we Monitor, Jam or Deceive"~USAF Electronic Warfare Motto
'06 ZX6R 636// If you wanna look at the upgrades... Nakita is spoiled|Cool stickers for extra hp...
---------------------------------
For daily dose of motoporn follow my feed/channel: Instagram | Youtube Star Wannabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon35 View Post
Fuck, we almost gave a shit
litner is offline  
post #15 of 16 Old 05-19-2016, 06:49 PM
Squid
 
Fireman237's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by litner View Post
hey I live near Columbus. Wanna ride sometime?
Columbus huh? I'm across the river in Phenix City
Fireman237 is offline  
Reply

  ZX6R Forum > Regions > Central

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FAQ for new riders Youssef636 The ZX6R 42 04-14-2016 05:14 AM
Any Mobile, Daphne, Alabama Riders ZX6RDevilDog East Coast 1 06-09-2014 10:10 PM
Looking for north Alabama riders danasaur The ZX6R 0 04-16-2014 02:20 PM
how often do you rysterz22 The ZX6R 147 04-21-2013 03:10 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome