Helmets for women - ZX6R Forum
 13Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 03-15-2016, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Team Green
 
sheerider11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Nj
Posts: 147
Helmets for women

Brought my girlfriend to try on helmets.
She said the x-small was to big the youth large was bigger then the x small and the youth medium was way to small. The guy behind the counter didn't know anything.
I switched sizes on him and told him different sizes and he just said the bigger sizes I said were to big.
So I need to know what to look for. Like what to move and shake. How should it feel with her hair?
sheerider11 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 25 Old 03-15-2016, 12:32 PM
MotoGP Champion
 
PainfullySlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 3,725

I Ride: 64 Ducati Monza, 99 Sprint ST, 04 TTR125, 04 Sportster, 09 GSXR600, 12 Street Triple, 13 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheerider11 View Post
Brought my girlfriend to try on helmets.
She said the x-small was to big the youth large was bigger then the x small and the youth medium was way to small. The guy behind the counter didn't know anything.
I switched sizes on him and told him different sizes and he just said the bigger sizes I said were to big.
So I need to know what to look for. Like what to move and shake. How should it feel with her hair?
Each brand will have a different cavity for the riders head. You should try different brands. I can't imagine an XS being too small for someone...it barely encompasses my fist :-p

Anyway, try a few different brands in XS and see if any of them fit a little better.
AlexZX6R likes this.
PainfullySlo is offline  
post #3 of 25 Old 03-15-2016, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Team Green
 
sheerider11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Nj
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by PainfullySlo View Post
Each brand will have a different cavity for the riders head. You should try different brands. I can't imagine an XS being too small for someone...it barely encompasses my fist :-p

Anyway, try a few different brands in XS and see if any of them fit a little better.
We Re going to a bigger dealer tomorrow. I'm hoping they have a more knowledgeable staff that can actually help.
We tried shoei hjc and icon.
She of course likes the icon designs.
Ive had good luck with hjc. I have an icon now, but I don't know how they actually hold up.
She wants to try and stay away from youth because you can tell they are kids helmets.
sheerider11 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 25 Old 03-16-2016, 01:17 AM
Post Master General
 
Scorpi0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: LA, Cali
Posts: 8,646

I Ride: 06 636
I see what the problem is....

Your girl wants to be on the bike.


Tell her she belongs in the kitchen!
Ey3l45h and roflmawafl like this.
Scorpi0 is offline  
post #5 of 25 Old 03-16-2016, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Team Green
 
sheerider11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Nj
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpi0 View Post
I see what the problem is....

Your girl wants to be on the bike.


Tell her she belongs in the kitchen!
If only it was that easy
sheerider11 is offline  
post #6 of 25 Old 03-16-2016, 09:12 AM
Team Green
 
jdotkdot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Philly
Posts: 165

I Ride: 2013 ZX-6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpi0 View Post
I see what the problem is....

Your girl wants to be on the bike.


Tell her she belongs in the kitchen!
Hahaha good one!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to use this with the guys at work!!!! LoL women!!!


Check out a local cyclegear, or check out Revzilla if you're not too far away.
jdotkdot is offline  
post #7 of 25 Old 03-16-2016, 10:01 AM
MotoGP Champion
 
PainfullySlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 3,725

I Ride: 64 Ducati Monza, 99 Sprint ST, 04 TTR125, 04 Sportster, 09 GSXR600, 12 Street Triple, 13 ZX6R
Not sure where you are in NJ but you may want to check out Motorcycle Mall, that have a massive selection.

If you can find a Bell that fits and interests you, let me know and I will see what I can do for you for a price.

I am making a broad assumption that she is looking for a 'girly' helmet, here are some options from Bell randing from $110-$250.





PainfullySlo is offline  
post #8 of 25 Old 03-16-2016, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Team Green
 
sheerider11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Nj
Posts: 147
Motorcycle mall is not to far from me. She lives about 45 minutes from Revzilla. So if nothing surfaces today we will cross into philly.
sheerider11 is offline  
post #9 of 25 Old 03-16-2016, 11:03 AM
MotoGP Champion
 
PainfullySlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 3,725

I Ride: 64 Ducati Monza, 99 Sprint ST, 04 TTR125, 04 Sportster, 09 GSXR600, 12 Street Triple, 13 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheerider11 View Post
Motorcycle mall is not to far from me. She lives about 45 minutes from Revzilla. So if nothing surfaces today we will cross into philly.
Either one of those would be great options!
PainfullySlo is offline  
post #10 of 25 Old 03-16-2016, 12:03 PM
Squid
 
psomersall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 83

I Ride: 2010 ZX6R
If you are going to checkout the RevZilla store in Philly give us a call to find out what inventory we have in the showroom first that she might be interested in. Unfortunately we do not have everything on the website in the store. But they are very good at helping people get fitted in their.
Philadelphia Gear Boutique | RevZilla Navy Yard Location - RevZilla
AlexZX6R and gutterpuppy like this.
psomersall is offline  
post #11 of 25 Old 03-16-2016, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
Team Green
 
sheerider11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Nj
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by psomersall View Post
If you are going to checkout the RevZilla store in Philly give us a call to find out what inventory we have in the showroom first that she might be interested in. Unfortunately we do not have everything on the website in the store. But they are very good at helping people get fitted in their.
Philadelphia Gear Boutique | RevZilla Navy Yard Location - RevZilla
That's the biggest thing, is getting a educated guess on what size are fits in. And if we don't end up getting a helmet there at least she'll know what a proper fitting helmet feels like.
sheerider11 is offline  
post #12 of 25 Old 03-16-2016, 12:32 PM
Squid
 
psomersall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 83

I Ride: 2010 ZX6R
Yeah, If you guys need help deciding on size, fit, or shape information just give us a call or shoot us an email. That's what we are here for and we can try to help steer you in the right direction, even if it is not something we have in our showroom here that you can try right away. And, if all else fails and all you can try are the high end things like Shoei or Arai let her try those. It can get you a good idea about the shape of her head and what helmet shape to look for, we can use this to help select a helmet in your budget. I.E. if she finds that the Arai Signet Q fits well but thats out of your range we know the Icon Airmada is similarly shaped and may be a good fit.
PainfullySlo likes this.
psomersall is offline  
post #13 of 25 Old 03-16-2016, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Team Green
 
sheerider11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Nj
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by psomersall View Post
Yeah, If you guys need help deciding on size, fit, or shape information just give us a call or shoot us an email. That's what we are here for and we can try to help steer you in the right direction, even if it is not something we have in our showroom here that you can try right away. And, if all else fails and all you can try are the high end things like Shoei or Arai let her try those. It can get you a good idea about the shape of her head and what helmet shape to look for, we can use this to help select a helmet in your budget. I.E. if she finds that the Arai Signet Q fits well but thats out of your range we know the Icon Airmada is similarly shaped and may be a good fit.
Okay. Went to dhy. She didn't like the hjc at all. The x's was to big. The kids weren't comfortable and she didn't like them.
She like the icon alliance. The xs she said felt good. But she wants to try others, I'll call tomorrow to set something up
sheerider11 is offline  
post #14 of 25 Old 03-17-2016, 12:23 PM
Superbike Champion
 
Snazzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 862

I Ride: 2013 zx6r
Make sure you are finding the right head shape! Such as the Arai Signet Q is a "long oval" shape compared to the Arai Corsair V which is "intermediate round" shape.

This is super important! It will give the best fit and avoid any pressure points. I wore a Bell Star (round) for awhile because I didn't know better about helmet head shapes, I ended up crashing and knocked myself out plus got facial/eye bruising! I have not crashed in my Arai but the fitment is extremely noticeable, where the Bell would push against my forehead which left a mark, the Arai I could wear all day.

Good luck! Tell her not all ladies wear pink

gutterpuppy likes this.

2013 zx6r race bike!
Build Thread
MRA Novice #407 RACE LIKE A GIRL!
Snazzy is offline  
post #15 of 25 Old 03-17-2016, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Team Green
 
sheerider11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Nj
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazzy View Post
Make sure you are finding the right head shape! Such as the Arai Signet Q is a "long oval" shape compared to the Arai Corsair V which is "intermediate round" shape.

This is super important! It will give the best fit and avoid any pressure points. I wore a Bell Star (round) for awhile because I didn't know better about helmet head shapes, I ended up crashing and knocked myself out plus got facial/eye bruising! I have not crashed in my Arai but the fitment is extremely noticeable, where the Bell would push against my forehead which left a mark, the Arai I could wear all day.

Good luck! Tell her not all ladies wear pink

And what's unfortunate is I brought this up at the dealer yeaterday, they didn't really know what I was talking about. They kind of said all helmets are the same. Which didn't sit well with either of us. We've both been doing tons of research
sheerider11 is offline  
Reply

  ZX6R Forum > ZX6R Forum > The Ladies Room

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: 2 Helmets for sale (HJC and Icon) motox470y Classifieds 4 03-14-2015 02:20 PM
FS: 2 Helmets lighly used motox470y Classifieds 9 08-26-2014 08:32 PM
AGV Corsa Helmets hexstylee Classifieds 12 02-24-2014 07:43 PM
FS: Like New Helmets for sale CrazyCawi Classifieds 17 02-06-2013 08:40 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome