Can't speak for the others here, but this is what I do:
1. Drain tank & run bike to get reamining gas outta carbs & lines. (You don't hv carbs tho)
2. Coat empty (dry) tank's inside with engine oil & pour out excess.
3. Drain old coolant & refill with fresh.
4. Change oil & filter (not necessary)
5. Clean and lube chain
6. Grease all bolts & metal parts that will be exposed to the elements.
7. Raise bike off ground (if no stands, put on carpet or use 4 pieces of wood to get it off ground.
8. Lower tire pressures
9. Put a rubber on the end of exhaust
10. Remove battery & take inside to charge
11. Cover bike with a thick blanket and a bike cover
When spring hits, all you gotta do is put some fresh gas in the tank, change your oil (if you didn't), and put your battery back in & she's ready to ride. You might want to wash her 1st though. That's my routine, but mine is based on the fact that my storage is outdoors (I have no garage).