The Breakdown on Fuel Management Systems - Page 2 - ZX6R Forum
 40Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 126 Old 08-21-2012, 11:04 AM
MotoGP Champion
 
Kevin2109's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Orange County
Posts: 2,560

I Ride: 2006 ZX636r
Awesome write up! I went with a PC for one reason: price, cant beat $140 used. Some day I will get the full traction control system from you guys though

September 2012 6OTM Winner!




Quote:
Honda has 1 or 2 good points. Everything does. Including Herpes. Herpes has it's own herpes infected only dating site. Is this a reason to catch herpes? FUCK no.

<-----My Youtube----->
Kevin2109 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 126 Old 08-25-2012, 07:58 PM
Squid
 
paterick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 14

I Ride: '09 Lime Green!
A good read. Thanks for sharing!
paterick is offline  
post #18 of 126 Old 09-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Team Green
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Missouri
Posts: 101
Still got that pc3 I'm lookin to buy if the price is right
Crazykawi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #19 of 126 Old 09-06-2012, 06:09 AM
Superbike Champion
 
Chaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 1,090

I Ride: 2011 ZX-6r
dang man, you definitely changed my mind on which tuner to get. I was torn between the two and now the choice is obvious.

now...the only question is...wanna come to nj and create me a custom map? (or even school me how to) ...I'll pay you in homebrew.

PS...think they can make the program for macs?

2011 ZX-6r
chaosfromabove.com

Last edited by Chaos; 09-06-2012 at 07:18 AM.
Chaos is offline  
post #20 of 126 Old 09-06-2012, 07:28 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
EvilTwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orange, CA
Posts: 5,195

I Ride: 03 ZX6R BMCNPR Frankentrackbike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
dang man, you definitely changed my mind on which tuner to get. I was torn between the two and now the choice is obvious.

now...the only question is...wanna come to nj and create me a custom map? (or even school me how to) ...I'll pay you in homebrew.

PS...think they can make the program for macs?
F*ck NJ that place smells funny

We are working on getting our software Mac compatible; our next software update might solve that issue.


If you want the breakdown on fuel management systems, take some time to read this thread.
For a walk through on pulling FI Codes, check out this thread.
Questions about Flashed ECUs vs. Fuel Controllers? Try this one.
Got a Z-Fi TC System? Read This to get an idea of how it works.
Here's a link to some Kawasaki Service Manuals that I've got hosted for everyone's use.
And please check out my blog for more sage advice and technical ramblings.
Some basics about braking here.
EvilTwin is offline  
post #21 of 126 Old 09-06-2012, 11:53 AM
MotoGP Champion
 
PrestonK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 4,225

I Ride: 2011 ZX6R, 2013 Ninja 300
awesome write-up thanks alot! I already got a Bazzaz when I got my pipe and I understood the basics but this is so much better! Definitely need to get it fine tuned now though haha
PrestonK is offline  
post #22 of 126 Old 09-26-2012, 05:47 PM
Track Star
 
06BlueDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Southern California/I.E
Posts: 381

I Ride: 06 ZX6R-R.I.P 2008 ZX10R
sik write up! and def helpful!
06BlueDevil is offline  
post #23 of 126 Old 09-27-2012, 01:14 AM
MotoGP Champion
 
lil636's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,938

I Ride: 06' 636
Great write up ET!! I can vouch on the fact that a PCIII with a stock map sucks ass and you ride lean as hell. I got a custom and it's worlds difference and bumped up my ponies to 116whp. Though I'm not 100% pleased with it, wish I would've gone with Bazzaz, I really would love to get a better tune, I'm sure I can hit 120whp.

SD Pit Stop , FB group for SD area riders.



Quote:
Originally Posted by 714reyesj View Post
i just plastidip my cock so i dont have to carry condoms around
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippet264 View Post
and when i say budget i obviously mean wife....
lil636 is offline  
post #24 of 126 Old 09-27-2012, 04:46 AM
World Superbike Champion
 
d1andonlyant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Nr Cambridge, England
Posts: 2,278

I Ride: 04' ZX636
well i knew roughly how FMS's worked before but now i think i fully understand it. And im glad bazzaz dont do a FMS for the 03/04 or i'd be questioning my choice of system right now.... Nice write up

04' ZX636
Ram Air Mod - Kleen Air Mod
Short Stacks Mod - MWR Filter
MHP Full Exhaust - PCIII W/Custom Map
SP Quickshifter - 2012 Shock
SS braided Lines - GPR V4 Damper
__________________
I ride my bike like I ride my girlfriend - hard and fast until the rubber blisters or she runs out of juice....
d1andonlyant is offline  
post #25 of 126 Old 10-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Superbike Champion
 
FieldDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ames, IA
Posts: 940

I Ride: 2011 ZX-6r CPB
So what the frank do I need to buy?

I don't have access to a dyno, but do have a computer and spare time. I'm still unsure on what to do and how to do it. My bike is 100% street driven, and I'm just looking to get my bike to unleash some its potential. With out a dyno, how will I know I've got a good tune? The auto-tune sounds good, but still, what all is involved with it?

Currently all I've done is a slip-on, but I'm looking to gut the headers and get a new filter. What would be best?

This shit makes me nervous, I think I'll change some critical setting and grenade my motor. Although, I'm eager to learn it. Basically, I just want you tell me what to get and what to do with it, lol.
FieldDay is offline  
post #26 of 126 Old 10-05-2012, 01:04 PM
Pro Racer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 843

I Ride: 675R & RSV4 factory
I really want to add the ZFI, TC, QS unit on my 05 ZX6R... it is on the last of things to get done.
Jdgun is offline  
post #27 of 126 Old 10-06-2012, 07:45 AM
World Superbike Champion
 
d1andonlyant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Nr Cambridge, England
Posts: 2,278

I Ride: 04' ZX636
Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldDay View Post
So what the frank do I need to buy?

I don't have access to a dyno, but do have a computer and spare time. I'm still unsure on what to do and how to do it. My bike is 100% street driven, and I'm just looking to get my bike to unleash some its potential. With out a dyno, how will I know I've got a good tune? The auto-tune sounds good, but still, what all is involved with it?

Currently all I've done is a slip-on, but I'm looking to gut the headers and get a new filter. What would be best?

This shit makes me nervous, I think I'll change some critical setting and grenade my motor. Although, I'm eager to learn it. Basically, I just want you tell me what to get and what to do with it, lol.
Basically as i understand it, if you're not going to get a custom map on the dyno then you want an auto tune. It checks your emissions to adjust your fuel/air ratio properly. You can use the standard maps but they're pretty crap and altitude and air temp make a big difference. Also, if you get a custom map but then modify your engine (air filter, exhaust etc) that will then change the air flow through the engine which would then make your custom map inefficient and you would have to get it done again. If you can afford an auto tune, buy one, and that should be your fuelling issues sorted forever. This is just as i understand it and if im wrong im sure evil twin or someone else will be quick to put me back in my place

04' ZX636
Ram Air Mod - Kleen Air Mod
Short Stacks Mod - MWR Filter
MHP Full Exhaust - PCIII W/Custom Map
SP Quickshifter - 2012 Shock
SS braided Lines - GPR V4 Damper
__________________
I ride my bike like I ride my girlfriend - hard and fast until the rubber blisters or she runs out of juice....
d1andonlyant is offline  
post #28 of 126 Old 10-06-2012, 08:42 AM
ZX6r.com Supporting Member
 
CrazyCawi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Elk River, MN
Posts: 1,000

I Ride: 2008 ZX6R
this is some amazing knowledge....can I repost this on another forum please?



┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐ #46 ROCKST★R VIVA LA FIGA ┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
CrazyCawi is offline  
post #29 of 126 Old 10-08-2012, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
EvilTwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orange, CA
Posts: 5,195

I Ride: 03 ZX6R BMCNPR Frankentrackbike
Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldDay View Post
So what the frank do I need to buy?

I don't have access to a dyno, but do have a computer and spare time. I'm still unsure on what to do and how to do it. My bike is 100% street driven, and I'm just looking to get my bike to unleash some its potential. With out a dyno, how will I know I've got a good tune? The auto-tune sounds good, but still, what all is involved with it?

Currently all I've done is a slip-on, but I'm looking to gut the headers and get a new filter. What would be best?

This shit makes me nervous, I think I'll change some critical setting and grenade my motor. Although, I'm eager to learn it. Basically, I just want you tell me what to get and what to do with it, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d1andonlyant View Post
Basically as i understand it, if you're not going to get a custom map on the dyno then you want an auto tune. It checks your emissions to adjust your fuel/air ratio properly. You can use the standard maps but they're pretty crap and altitude and air temp make a big difference. Also, if you get a custom map but then modify your engine (air filter, exhaust etc) that will then change the air flow through the engine which would then make your custom map inefficient and you would have to get it done again. If you can afford an auto tune, buy one, and that should be your fuelling issues sorted forever. This is just as i understand it and if im wrong im sure evil twin or someone else will be quick to put me back in my place
Our stock maps are better than dynojet's in my experience, partially because our dyno is better. but they'll never be 100% spot on for your bike. If you don't have access to a dyno, then you should definitely consider getting our Z-AFM. D1andonly said it pretty good, but basically our Z-AFM is like having a dyno tuner installed on your bike, giving you the ability to re-tune whenever you want. And for $300 MSRP is about the same price as one custom dyno tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCawi View Post
this is some amazing knowledge....can I repost this on another forum please?
By all means, spread the wealth. Just post up the link to the original article as well.


If you want the breakdown on fuel management systems, take some time to read this thread.
For a walk through on pulling FI Codes, check out this thread.
Questions about Flashed ECUs vs. Fuel Controllers? Try this one.
Got a Z-Fi TC System? Read This to get an idea of how it works.
Here's a link to some Kawasaki Service Manuals that I've got hosted for everyone's use.
And please check out my blog for more sage advice and technical ramblings.
Some basics about braking here.
EvilTwin is offline  
post #30 of 126 Old 10-08-2012, 09:29 AM
Superbike Champion
 
FieldDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ames, IA
Posts: 940

I Ride: 2011 ZX-6r CPB
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTwin View Post
Our stock maps are better than dynojet's in my experience, partially because our dyno is better. but they'll never be 100% spot on for your bike. If you don't have access to a dyno, then you should definitely consider getting our Z-AFM. D1andonly said it pretty good, but basically our Z-AFM is like having a dyno tuner installed on your bike, giving you the ability to re-tune whenever you want. And for $300 MSRP is about the same price as one custom dyno tune.


By all means, spread the wealth. Just post up the link to the original article as well.
So I'm looking at around 550-600 for the DFI and AFM? The DFI is required for the afm right? That's a lot of dough.

I know on other bikes, you can download a premade map for say slip on/ air filter. Sure it's not going to be for my exact bike, but it'll be close right? Then I can manually adjust on my laptop from there right? Use the old seat of the pants dyno.
FieldDay is offline  
Reply

  ZX6R Forum > ZX6R Forum > Mechanical and Technical

Tags
bazzaz , dyno jet , pciii , pcv , power commander


Search tags for this page
active fuel management breakdown
,

bazzaz afm won't sample below 6000

,
bazzaz fuel trim
,

bazzaz z-fi fuel management system

,
breakdown of fuel manager parts
,
kawasaki zx6r fi system
,
pcv sensor voltage high zx6r
,

tps wire 08 zx6

,
which bazzaz fuel management system is used for full exhaust systems
,
www.where takeing apart a fuel system on a ninja zx6r 08?
,
zx6r fuel control to improve throttle response
,
zx6r fuel management
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB looking for fuel management system bigassrevolv Classifieds 4 07-30-2012 07:56 AM
How to: Inspect/Clean 'Fuel Filter' 05-06 ZX6R 636 Get Forked Mechanical and Technical 5 05-23-2012 07:31 AM
How To: Service Fuel Pump and Strainer ZoomSplat Guides 14 04-20-2012 05:40 AM
What is the best fuel management system? d1andonlyant Mechanical and Technical 74 04-12-2012 01:55 PM
Fuel Pump and Fuel Filter!?!? Help! Anonymouszx6 Motorcycle Talk 5 12-03-2011 05:50 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome