Driven TT rear set review
I just installed a set of Driven TT rear sets on my 2007 ZX6. I figured I would put up a quick review of my experience.
The TT line from Driven is apparently more track oriented as they describe it on their website. I bought them because they were cheaper than the slightly more adjustable and slick looking D-axis version.
The workmanship on the TT sets look top notch and they have a simplicity that gives it its own style. The pegs are extremely grippy. I know that a lot of people don't like the vortex pegs for that reason, so if you don't like vortex you may want to pass on these. There are six different peg positions. The 0/0 position is the stock foot position. I was easily able to find a good spot despite the lack of fine tuning ability that you get with the D-axis. In fact, These rear sets have changed the game as far as my riding. I can lock in and be almost hands off of the bars with no drama through a turn. Once I found the correct peg position, the shifter peg and brake peg are adjustable to three different spots to allow for different size feet and positioning. Also the toe pegs are on a hinge to keep them from breaking in a crash.
I did have a few installation notes:
1. In order to maintain the ability to use your rear brake light, you need a pressure switch ($25 or so). This will need to be spliced into the old plug. Driven mentioned this on their website and it was easy to do
2. The new rear sets move the rear master forward about 3 inches and angles it forward. This required a longer brake hose. I was a little put off by this, because there was no mention of this anywhere on the website. I could have figured it out if I examined the pictures a bit more closely but it seems like they would mention it.
I am extremely happy with my purchase overall. The only other bike I put rear sets on was a ninja 250. It made a big difference on that bike, but the overall ergonomics on that bike didn't allow for the position I can achieve now on the ZX6. I guess I measured wrong on the rear brake line, because it was too long. I made it work for now with some creative routing, but depending on how it wears, I may have to order another one.