One of our own is down .... - Page 4 - ZX6R Forum
 115Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 210 Old 10-25-2013, 06:23 AM
MTM
Superbike Champion
 
MTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 968

I Ride: 2005 ZX6R 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpi0 View Post
Wow... really sucks to hear this. I met up with Kevin once to buy my transmission from him...hes really a nice kid. Im sure he had his helmet on as it is the law here plus he rides a lotta track so Im sure he knows better.

Stay strong man...dont let us down!!
he had it on, but dude its is pretty mashed and chipped up. The blood in it doesnt really make me feel any better either.

Ill probably here more about it this afternoon. Both friends said they would go back to the hospital today to see him. Neither are on this forum though so Ill post what I hear from them .

Powder Coating Service & MTM Custom Exhaust Help me fund my addiction
MTM is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #47 of 210 Old 10-25-2013, 07:08 AM
World Superbike Champion
 
MonsterZX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wyoming, MI
Posts: 2,013

I Ride: 09' Monster Edition ZX6r - SOLD
Thanks for keeping us updated! hope he comes to soon, with a full recovery.

MonsterZX Photo Album and Details
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXNasty View Post
Me too, but my willingness to ride overcomes my human instinct to keep my testicles at normal body temperature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Hawk1 View Post
When you cut yourself and you don't bleed lime green, get the fcuk out! LoL
MonsterZX is offline  
post #48 of 210 Old 10-25-2013, 09:18 AM
World Superbike Champion
 
Hitman123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 2,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTM View Post
They let our friend in to see him and I have this.


He has a Broken jaw, broken collar bone, broken sternum. Bruised knees. A minor pop in his lung. Small bleed in his brain but pressure is low. He is Still unconscious and hasn't been seen moving his left side but they haven't tried to make him move it. Suffered some seizures from the head trauma.

he still needs prayers. Hopefully he will regain consciousness soon
Can you shoot me a pm with the hospital info. I've met Kevin a few times but never really kept in touch with him. I know it's not the right time to go pay him a visit but as soon as he starts feeling better I'm going to make a trip out to what ever hospital he is at. Also if you have any fund raisers going on please let me know. I will post on some of the local forums.
Hitman123 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #49 of 210 Old 10-25-2013, 09:35 AM
Team Green
 
omgvance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 115

I Ride: 2005 zx6r
Thoughts and prayers with him and his family. Always hate to hear this

2005 636
Full TI Arata Exhaust | Power Commander | Pazzo Shorty's | Pro Grips | Integrated Tail Light | Pirelli Diablo | TSR Frame Sliders | DID Gold Chain
omgvance is offline  
post #50 of 210 Old 10-25-2013, 10:15 AM
Track Star
 
ObiWanJacoby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 381
Speedy recovery Kevin!!

"The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together."
ObiWanJacoby is offline  
post #51 of 210 Old 10-25-2013, 10:23 AM
MTM
Superbike Champion
 
MTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 968

I Ride: 2005 ZX6R 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman123 View Post
Can you shoot me a pm with the hospital info. I've met Kevin a few times but never really kept in touch with him. I know it's not the right time to go pay him a visit but as soon as he starts feeling better I'm going to make a trip out to what ever hospital he is at. Also if you have any fund raisers going on please let me know. I will post on some of the local forums.
do you know Max or Jeff? They are who Im getting this from. They are just on the 250 forum still.

Powder Coating Service & MTM Custom Exhaust Help me fund my addiction
MTM is offline  
post #52 of 210 Old 10-25-2013, 10:41 AM
Team Green
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: AZ
Posts: 116
Ugh it breaks my heart to hear stories like this Wishing Kevin a speedy recovery!
nikki636 is offline  
post #53 of 210 Old 10-25-2013, 10:50 AM
World Superbike Racer
 
greenmeeny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: bournemouth
Posts: 1,472
Get better soon fella
greenmeeny is offline  
post #54 of 210 Old 10-25-2013, 10:51 AM
Team Green
 
AmigoFIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Helsinki/Kuopio, Finland
Posts: 240

I Ride: '09 ZX6-R
A rider down like that is always a blow in the gut. Not much of a praying man, but my warmest thoughts go out to him. Get well soon!

2009 ZX6-R
Work in progress.
*SOLD* 2005 ZX6-R
Mivv Carbon Oval Slip-on, Bitubo Steering Damper, Clear Euro Indicators, Servo Buddy, Integrated Taillight, Double Bubble, Gripster Tank Pads, Lucas Adjustable Rearsets, Braided SS Lines, Carbon Fibre Bits and Color-matched Belly.
AmigoFIN is offline  
post #55 of 210 Old 10-25-2013, 10:59 AM
World Superbike Champion
 
Hitman123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 2,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTM View Post
do you know Max or Jeff? They are who Im getting this from. They are just on the 250 forum still.
Don't know either of them. I was trying to pull Kevin's contact from my old phone but no luck. I've only met one of his friends at the track I had his contact but no luck with him also. That guy rides a track only r6, I think it was white with some orange stripping I forgot his name though.
Hitman123 is offline  
post #56 of 210 Old 10-25-2013, 11:09 AM
MTM
Superbike Champion
 
MTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 968

I Ride: 2005 ZX6R 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman123 View Post
Don't know either of them. I was trying to pull Kevin's contact from my old phone but no luck. I've only met one of his friends at the track I had his contact but no luck with him also. That guy rides a track only r6, I think it was white with some orange stripping I forgot his name though.
Gurk. Yeah idk if they still hang. Yeah I have kevins number but that doesnt really help me. Ill ask them what hospital and PM you.

Powder Coating Service & MTM Custom Exhaust Help me fund my addiction
MTM is offline  
post #57 of 210 Old 10-25-2013, 11:11 AM
MotoGP Champion
 
badgerninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Madtown, WI
Posts: 4,544

I Ride: 1986 Nishiki, 2015 Yamaha R3
I was talking about this with my mother-figure yesterday, though I don't know Kevin at all. She was saddened and commented simply, 'it is a dangerous activity' in a very profound manner. For some reason, it struck me like never before, even though I had heard those same words in that particular order of arrangement before.
We all realize the risks when we take up this lifestyle. We understand that things like this can happen when we least expect them. It can be someone else's callous attitude, or can be completely self-inflicted. A lot of times I laugh it off saying that I understand the risks and the dangers, but things like this reinforce the notion like nothing else.

Feel better soon, Kevin. I hope you'll get back on that bike and into the lifestyle that you love so much and for which, no doubt, you've made many sacrifices. Keep up the fight.
Hitman123 likes this.
badgerninja is offline  
post #58 of 210 Old 10-25-2013, 11:25 AM
World Superbike Champion
 
Hitman123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 2,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTM View Post
Gurk. Yeah idk if they still hang. Yeah I have kevins number but that doesnt really help me. Ill ask them what hospital and PM you.

Yes, Gurk was the guy I was referring to.

As soon as you can shoot me that PM, I have the day off today so inform Jeff or Max if there's anything I can do to help to just shoot me a message. I'll PM you my contact info right away.
Hitman123 is offline  
post #59 of 210 Old 10-25-2013, 11:38 AM
Post Master General
 
scoobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: the school of hard knocks
Posts: 6,571

I Ride: something naughty
heard about kev on fb .....bloody shame ......seems a good lad with a bright future ahead of him .......get well soon fella
scoobs is offline  
post #60 of 210 Old 10-25-2013, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
ZX6r.com Supporting Member
 
oldninjadude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Looneybin escapee
Posts: 18,165

I Ride: 2007 ZZR/ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerninja View Post
I was talking about this with my mother-figure yesterday, though I don't know Kevin at all. She was saddened and commented simply, 'it is a dangerous activity' in a very profound manner. For some reason, it struck me like never before, even though I had heard those same words in that particular order of arrangement before.
We all realize the risks when we take up this lifestyle. We understand that things like this can happen when we least expect them. It can be someone else's callous attitude, or can be completely self-inflicted. A lot of times I laugh it off saying that I understand the risks and the dangers, but things like this reinforce the notion like nothing else.

Feel better soon, Kevin. I hope you'll get back on that bike and into the lifestyle that you love so much and for which, no doubt, you've made many sacrifices. Keep up the fight.
First time I ever saw the inside of an emergency room was from a bike accident.

It does change your perspective, But don't let it shy you away from bikes.
We all live with the knowledge that this could happen to us anytime.
I just put it out of my head, cant think on it.


To a full & speedy recovery
arron, silversurfer and MonsterZX like this.

............................................SKCUS-ESOR.............................................. .....
[IMG]        <a href=http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x350/ond1128/IMG_9474- 2.jpg target=_blank>http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...MG_9474- 2.jpg</a>
.............................Have Bike, Will Travel...............................

"The world is a book, & those who do not travel,
read only one page"
.................................................. .... - St Augustine.
oldninjadude is offline  
Reply

  ZX6R Forum > ZX6R Forum > Motorcycle Talk


Search tags for this page

zx6r one of our own

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome