How do you guys feel about MotoVlogging? - Page 3 - ZX6R Forum
 41Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 39 Old 03-03-2017, 03:39 PM
MotoGP Champion
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 3,719

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey11 View Post

SBK we need more than one Marcel Irnie, you shouldn't let that discourage, in fact that should push you to do one even more!
Ehh....I don't know about that lol

Maybe he's a really nice guy in person, but he really strikes me as being a bit too full of himself. A lot more ego that I want to see in anyone. I watched a bunch of his videos, and although I respect him as a racer (after all he's decently fast for sure), and his video making skills...it's a bit "too much" for my taste. The last straw was when he posted his S1000RR race bike for sale on the WERA forum for like $35k-$40k or whatever it was, as if it was some WSBK-spec build or something like that and when you look at the mods, it wasn't much more of a bike than others, including Cory West's S1000RR which he was asking less half of that for it...and that bike even had some records, including top speed record at Daytona in ASRA/CCS I think (202 mph) lol

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (race bike)
2009 ZX6R (race bike)
2015 R3 (project bike and future race bike)

Sponsors: Vortex Racing, MSM, MTR Cycle
sbk1198 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 39 Old 03-03-2017, 05:20 PM
Squid
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: FL
Posts: 65
I think the worst part of some of the vloggers is the information is inaccurate. I get it though create content and some of those guys are making big $$.

I am not against it and truly envious of the job they have. Seriously, they make money riding motorcycles and it isn't chump change for the big ones.
Strider and Un3dukatd like this.

2011 Ebony ZX10R-----fast
2013 Kawi Green ZX6R---nimble
RealPSI is offline  
post #33 of 39 Old 03-03-2017, 07:08 PM
MotoGP Champion
 
smokey11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mississauga,Ontario and Wolverhampton UK
Posts: 4,158

I Ride: 09 ZX6R (track only) 04 CR85R
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1198 View Post
Ehh....I don't know about that lol

Maybe he's a really nice guy in person, but he really strikes me as being a bit too full of himself. A lot more ego that I want to see in anyone. I watched a bunch of his videos, and although I respect him as a racer (after all he's decently fast for sure), and his video making skills...it's a bit "too much" for my taste. The last straw was when he posted his S1000RR race bike for sale on the WERA forum for like $35k-$40k or whatever it was, as if it was some WSBK-spec build or something like that and when you look at the mods, it wasn't much more of a bike than others, including Cory West's S1000RR which he was asking less half of that for it...and that bike even had some records, including top speed record at Daytona in ASRA/CCS I think (202 mph) lol
I've met him before and would say your assessment is... accurate.

I was more referring to the fact that we could use more than one good race vlogger, there are thousand guys doing vids just cruising around doing nothing surely there is room for a few race vloggers... The reason he does so well aside from his consistency is that he's basically the only one doing it... By that I mean vlogging his races, not racing itself.
sbk1198 likes this.

__________
YouTubechannelhttp://youtube.com/realsmokey11
Mods
DUA Motorsports Bodywork, Akrapovic Moto2 exhaust w/ Akrapovic SS full system, Attack Rearsets, Bazzaz ZFI TC, Kawasaki Kit ECU, MWR race filter, Fren Tubo type 4 carbon fiber brake lines, Braketech Iron Axis rotors, , carbon Fiber clip on tubes, Renthal clip ons, ram air mod, Attack velocity stacks, Motion Pro quick turn throttle, Brembo 19x18 MC, custom carbon fiber subframe, Ohlins TTX36, Ohlins 30mm cartridge kit

http://zx6r.com/pictures/26715-my-09-track-bike.html
smokey11 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34 of 39 Old 03-03-2017, 08:37 PM
MotoGP Champion
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 3,719

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey11 View Post
I've met him before and would say your assessment is... accurate.

I was more referring to the fact that we could use more than one good race vlogger, there are thousand guys doing vids just cruising around doing nothing surely there is room for a few race vloggers... The reason he does so well aside from his consistency is that he's basically the only one doing it... By that I mean vlogging his races, not racing itself.
Ah I see. Well maybe I'll give it a shot sometime this season. I bought a mic and an adapter for it for the GoPro but apparently the adapter didn't work, after waiting like 2-3 weeks to get it from China (bought it off Newegg...guess you get what you pay for...at least it was only $6). So after that I never bothered to get another one and just gave up lol
Strider likes this.

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (race bike)
2009 ZX6R (race bike)
2015 R3 (project bike and future race bike)

Sponsors: Vortex Racing, MSM, MTR Cycle
sbk1198 is online now  
post #35 of 39 Old 03-03-2017, 10:19 PM
World Superbike Racer
 
Sanctuary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Posts: 1,287

I Ride: 2013 ZX6R, 2013 Triumph Street Triple, 2017 Triumph Street Triple RS (on order)
That guy with the H2R who rides on the street? I watched that just because you can hear the nervousness in his voice. 300+HP at your right hand haha.

A play on words, or words on play
Last chapter, verse in the final act
Words well scripted, each sentence choking
Inaudible gag, blanket which suffocates
As you eat another's words
Malnourished, you starve.
Sanctuary is online now  
post #36 of 39 Old 03-03-2017, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Squid
 
ColtonM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: South Florida
Posts: 14

I Ride: 2009 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R Monster
Garage
To be honest, at the end of the day these guys are inspiring people to get into riding and i'd like to think that most of the people these Motovloggers inspire to buy a bike find forums like these eventually, and then they think more like us.

In the end, they get to make mad money riding motorcycles and inspiring people to get bikes and ride. At the end of the day as long as these vloggers aren't giving information to the newer guys that is going to get them hurt i'm ok with that.

The more cool people I can find that ride bikes the better, and some of the vloggers are definitely responsible for getting people into riding.
Strider likes this.

Trying to learn as much about bikes as possible.
ColtonM is offline  
post #37 of 39 Old 03-04-2017, 12:00 AM
MotoGP Champion
 
Strider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,310

I Ride: 2009 ZX-6R
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1198 View Post
Ah I see. Well maybe I'll give it a shot sometime this season. I bought a mic and an adapter for it for the GoPro but apparently the adapter didn't work, after waiting like 2-3 weeks to get it from China (bought it off Newegg...guess you get what you pay for...at least it was only $6). So after that I never bothered to get another one and just gave up lol
Which GoPro do you have? The 5 series won't work with just any mic adapter. The only adapter that will work on the 5 series right now is the $50 adapter from GoPro, which sucks, because it is very bulky compared to other adapters.

Winner - 6OTM - March 2014
2009 ZX-6R (65,695 miles and counting) | www.ZX6R.us | www.Seaton007.com

M4 GP Slip-on | ASV C5 Levers | Spiegler SS Brake Lines | SpeedoHealer V4
Custom FE | K&N Air Filter | Vortex Sprockets -1/+2 | EK MVXZ Chain
Strider is offline  
post #38 of 39 Old 03-04-2017, 08:47 AM
MotoGP Champion
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 3,719

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider View Post
Which GoPro do you have? The 5 series won't work with just any mic adapter. The only adapter that will work on the 5 series right now is the $50 adapter from GoPro, which sucks, because it is very bulky compared to other adapters.
Hero 3+ silver.

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (race bike)
2009 ZX6R (race bike)
2015 R3 (project bike and future race bike)

Sponsors: Vortex Racing, MSM, MTR Cycle
sbk1198 is online now  
post #39 of 39 Old 03-06-2017, 05:45 AM
Team Green
 
OMSpooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Lubbock / West Texas
Posts: 161

I Ride: 13' 636 / 05' 636
What cracks me up are the guys that ride around filming nothing in particular then rage and throw the finger at every car they think pulls out in front of them or cuts them off.....then when it comes down to actual confrontation they don't do shit lol
sbk1198 likes this.
OMSpooner is online now  
Reply

  ZX6R Forum > ZX6R Forum > Motorcycle Talk

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will I feel it (16k maintenance tune up) ? Zx6Nate Mechanical and Technical 15 06-07-2016 06:11 PM
Front End Feel Petrolsexual Racing 37 03-23-2016 04:42 AM
Have I ruined my 2013 headlight, Or are they fixable what do you guys think? Pcervant136R The ZX6R 26 03-18-2015 09:31 AM
please,please help guys..engine swap vincefourie Mechanical and Technical 7 02-04-2015 06:34 AM
Brake Problems I NEED YOU GUYS. vega Mechanical and Technical 32 04-25-2012 11:23 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome