Cbr 600rr vs. Zx6r - Page 3 - ZX6R Forum
 52Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 51 Old 04-23-2017, 06:18 PM
Pro Racer
 
Enrosabil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 819

I Ride: Zx6r -09, vfr400 -87, dorsoduro 1200 -11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1198 View Post
How many have you owned illegally then?


1, a r1, wrote it on a friend since I didn't have a license, he tried to learn me how to ride and while he did that, he got killed by a cager. So legally it wasn't mine, I didn't "borrow" it from someone without asking for permission
sbk1198 likes this.



"Its not about being first on the gas, its being first to full gas"
- Simon Crafar
Enrosabil is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 51 Old 04-23-2017, 06:21 PM
Pro Racer
 
Enrosabil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 819

I Ride: Zx6r -09, vfr400 -87, dorsoduro 1200 -11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddogZX6r View Post
It's funny that you bring the 675 up cuz I ride with a buddy that's got one and it's several inches narrower and has a smaller back tire on it but it can jump off the line like nobody's business. His is a 2014 and it's a amazing looking bike but way too expensive for what you get. It does favor Ducati or BMW though his is a triumph Daytona 675. Wasn't till I saw on here that it actually only has an inline 3 on it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


The Daytona 675 -09 has a 180/55 Pirelli supercorsa sp mounted upon delivery. The wheels are interchangeable between all years of them, so no, they do not have a smaller rear tyre.
sbk1198 likes this.



"Its not about being first on the gas, its being first to full gas"
- Simon Crafar
Enrosabil is offline  
post #33 of 51 Old 04-23-2017, 06:22 PM
MotoGP Champion
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,355

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddogZX6r View Post
Over all width of the bike from one side of the fairings to the other side.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see. The difference is all in how the fairings are designed, and it's probably one of the dimensions that should be the last thing that you should be concerned of because it really doesn't matter at all. If you were talking about the width of the gas tank, then I'd understand since that makes a bigger difference when you ride, when your thighs are against the tank.

Also when you crash...difference in tank width can mean difference between having to replace the gas tank or not lol. That's one of the things I really like about Ducatis...narrow gas tanks are awesome
Enrosabil and MaddogZX6r like this.

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (sold)
2009 ZX6R (race bike)
2015 R3 (project bike and future race bike)

Sponsors: Vortex Racing, MSM, MTR Cycle

April 2016 and April 2017 6OTM winner!
sbk1198 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34 of 51 Old 04-23-2017, 06:23 PM
MotoGP Champion
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,355

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrosabil View Post
1, a r1, wrote it on a friend since I didn't have a license, he tried to learn me how to ride and while he did that, he got killed by a cager. So legally it wasn't mine, I didn't "borrow" it from someone without asking for permission
Damn, that's unfortunate. Sorry to hear about your friend
MaddogZX6r likes this.

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (sold)
2009 ZX6R (race bike)
2015 R3 (project bike and future race bike)

Sponsors: Vortex Racing, MSM, MTR Cycle

April 2016 and April 2017 6OTM winner!
sbk1198 is offline  
post #35 of 51 Old 04-23-2017, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Squid
 
MaddogZX6r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrosabil View Post
The Daytona 675 -09 has a 180/55 Pirelli supercorsa sp mounted upon delivery. The wheels are interchangeable between all years of them, so no, they do not have a smaller rear tyre.


It's fine bro it's not that serious to me. Lol. I ride with a guy that has one and he has stock narrower tires than my zx. His tire is smaller. I don't know all the secrets lol I'm just talking about what ive seen. I don't really care about that too much haha. From what I understand from my buddy which loves the 675's, says they change a good bit of stuff on them. Idk though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MaddogZX6r is offline  
post #36 of 51 Old 04-23-2017, 06:28 PM
Pro Racer
 
Enrosabil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 819

I Ride: Zx6r -09, vfr400 -87, dorsoduro 1200 -11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddogZX6r View Post
It's fine bro it's not that serious to me. Lol. I ride with a guy that has one and he has stock narrower tires than my zx. His tire is smaller. I don't know all the secrets lol I'm just talking about what ive seen. I don't really care about that too much haha. From what I understand from my buddy which loves the 675's, says they change a good bit of stuff on them. Idk though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Since you said 1-2 inches before, it seems as if he have mounted a front tire to the rear rim. 180mm - 2 inches (52mm) = 128mm, standard front is 120.
However, the Daytona is a lovely bike to ride, otherwise I wouldn't have bought 2 of them
MaddogZX6r likes this.



"Its not about being first on the gas, its being first to full gas"
- Simon Crafar
Enrosabil is offline  
post #37 of 51 Old 04-23-2017, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Squid
 
MaddogZX6r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrosabil View Post
Since you said 1-2 inches before, it seems as if he have mounted a front tire to the rear rim. 180mm - 2 inches (52mm) = 128mm, standard front is 120.
However, the Daytona is a lovely bike to ride, otherwise I wouldn't have bought 2 of them


I disagree with you on the mounting thing but yea I totally agree with you one the ride. There just priced too high for what you get.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MaddogZX6r is offline  
post #38 of 51 Old 04-23-2017, 06:38 PM
MotoGP Champion
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,355

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddogZX6r View Post
Yea but when your talking sport bikes that's a lot in my opinion. The tire is about an inch or close to 2 inches skinnier too.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think that's a lot at all...but LOL about the tires!...you really need to learn a bit more about bikes. I take it you're pretty new at this. There is no way in hell the tire is close to 2 inches skinnier lol. Both bikes, in fact all middleweights come with 180s on the rear and 120s on the front stock. Maybe you have a wider tire on yours but even then I doubt you have more than a 190 on it, which would mean it's 10 mm wider, less than half an inch....unless you're one of those guys that put an extended swingarm with a big fat tire on the back of a 600. Then I could see the 2 inch difference, but that's certainly not stock and certainly not an apples-to-apples comparison.

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (sold)
2009 ZX6R (race bike)
2015 R3 (project bike and future race bike)

Sponsors: Vortex Racing, MSM, MTR Cycle

April 2016 and April 2017 6OTM winner!
sbk1198 is offline  
post #39 of 51 Old 04-23-2017, 06:38 PM
Pro Racer
 
Enrosabil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 819

I Ride: Zx6r -09, vfr400 -87, dorsoduro 1200 -11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddogZX6r View Post
I disagree with you on the mounting thing but yea I totally agree with you one the ride. There just priced too high for what you get.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Here there was no difference in price, except for the r-version, but since that gives you 3500€ worth of suspension and another 1000€ brakes, paying 2000€ extra seems like a quite good deal to me. Have your friend check his manual, it should be a 180 tire there.



"Its not about being first on the gas, its being first to full gas"
- Simon Crafar
Enrosabil is offline  
post #40 of 51 Old 04-23-2017, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Squid
 
MaddogZX6r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1198 View Post
I don't think that's a lot at all...but LOL about the tires!...you really need to learn a bit more about bikes. I take it you're pretty new at this. There is no way in hell the tire is close to 2 inches skinnier lol. Both bikes, in fact all middleweights come with 180s on the rear and 120s on the front stock. Maybe you have a wider tire on yours but even then I doubt you have more than a 190 on it, which would mean it's 10 mm wider, less than half an inch....unless you're one of those guys that put an extended swingarm with a big fat tire on the back of a 600. Then I could see the 2 inch difference, but that's certainly not stock and certainly not an apples-to-apples comparison.


Dude. I've looked at his size. Mine is stock not bigger and I don't know much about bikes but it's not because I'm new to it. I've been riding for a long time. It's because I take the time to learn the stuff that I'm interested in haha. That's why I'm on here so when I have questions I can talk about what I wanna know. This thread is not for Daytona 675's. it was about width between cbr and zx. That's why I started it haha. Come to find out less than an inch is about the only difference. I learned that a while back lol. I'm never gonna own a Daytona so I don't really care if your right or I'm right but the 14 model that I look at every time we're riding is a beautiful bike but it's narrower than mine and has a smaller back tire. Not much narrower but it is and it has a smaller back tire lol. I would really not like to say that again hahaha. I bet there fun to ride too but to rich for my blood to have one less cylinder.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MaddogZX6r is offline  
post #41 of 51 Old 04-23-2017, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Squid
 
MaddogZX6r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrosabil View Post
Here there was no difference in price, except for the r-version, but since that gives you 3500€ worth of suspension and another 1000€ brakes, paying 2000€ extra seems like a quite good deal to me. Have your friend check his manual, it should be a 180 tire there.


Good to know bro. Ty. I'll do that. Also his does have the adjustable on the fly rear shock and all the bells and whistles. He paid 14 or 15 for his in 2014.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MaddogZX6r is offline  
post #42 of 51 Old 04-23-2017, 06:55 PM
Pro Racer
 
Enrosabil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 819

I Ride: Zx6r -09, vfr400 -87, dorsoduro 1200 -11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddogZX6r View Post
Good to know bro. Ty. I'll do that. Also his does have the adjustable on the fly rear shock and all the bells and whistles. He paid 14 or 15 for his in 2014.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Then it's the r-version, so that was a pretty good deal, since the 636 cost about 13k€. And you do have a point in narrower bike, the frame and the engine is a bit more narrow, since it's a 3 cyl, it does not need that much space.
MaddogZX6r likes this.



"Its not about being first on the gas, its being first to full gas"
- Simon Crafar
Enrosabil is offline  
post #43 of 51 Old 04-23-2017, 08:53 PM
MotoGP Champion
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,355

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddogZX6r View Post
Dude. I've looked at his size. Mine is stock not bigger and I don't know much about bikes but it's not because I'm new to it. I've been riding for a long time. It's because I take the time to learn the stuff that I'm interested in haha. That's why I'm on here so when I have questions I can talk about what I wanna know. This thread is not for Daytona 675's. it was about width between cbr and zx. That's why I started it haha. Come to find out less than an inch is about the only difference. I learned that a while back lol. I'm never gonna own a Daytona so I don't really care if your right or I'm right but the 14 model that I look at every time we're riding is a beautiful bike but it's narrower than mine and has a smaller back tire. Not much narrower but it is and it has a smaller back tire lol. I would really not like to say that again hahaha. I bet there fun to ride too but to rich for my blood to have one less cylinder.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And that's fine if you want to take the time to learn the things that you're interested in, but that's no reason to state random things that are not true (or just highly exaggerated). If your buddy has a smaller tire on it, then HE put that on, it's not that the bike comes with a smaller tire...although I can't say I've ever seen anyone put a smaller tire on a 600. It's a terrible idea. My bet is that it's all in your head, and it is in fact a 180. A tire that's almost 2 inches narrower like you said wouldn't even fit on a 5.5" rim. Maybe look at it next time? And by that I mean on the side wall to see what the actual tire is

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (sold)
2009 ZX6R (race bike)
2015 R3 (project bike and future race bike)

Sponsors: Vortex Racing, MSM, MTR Cycle

April 2016 and April 2017 6OTM winner!
sbk1198 is offline  
post #44 of 51 Old 04-24-2017, 04:36 AM Thread Starter
Squid
 
MaddogZX6r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1198 View Post
And that's fine if you want to take the time to learn the things that you're interested in, but that's no reason to state random things that are not true (or just highly exaggerated). If your buddy has a smaller tire on it, then HE put that on, it's not that the bike comes with a smaller tire...although I can't say I've ever seen anyone put a smaller tire on a 600. It's a terrible idea. My bet is that it's all in your head, and it is in fact a 180. A tire that's almost 2 inches narrower like you said wouldn't even fit on a 5.5" rim. Maybe look at it next time? And by that I mean on the side wall to see what the actual tire is


Haha. I think you just like to argue bro. You can be right man. Have a good one. Keep the rubber side down.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
flipflarnix likes this.
MaddogZX6r is offline  
post #45 of 51 Old 04-24-2017, 05:20 AM
Squid
 
gustaveberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Elizabethtown, PA
Posts: 64

I Ride: 2013 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddogZX6r View Post
Haha. I think you just like to argue bro. You can be right man. Have a good one. Keep the rubber side down.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't think you have to let him be be right, he has stated some solid facts...you have stated your opinion. You claim you take the time to learn what you want to know, but you haven't taken the time to learn how tire sizing works.
Schooley, RJ2112 and sbk1198 like this.
gustaveberg is offline  
Reply

  ZX6R Forum > ZX6R Forum > Motorcycle Talk

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
G1-2 hugger fit j1-2 salami Mechanical and Technical 2 06-21-2016 01:36 PM
2008 Honda CBR 600RR Clean title race bike Evil Cupcake Classifieds 4 04-03-2015 05:31 AM
OEM Rotor Compatibility Ebster1085 Mechanical and Technical 9 07-21-2013 07:58 PM
Comparison: 98'-02' and 03'-04' ZX-6R WakeDude Mechanical and Technical 14 04-21-2013 07:48 PM
98-02 and 05-06 ZX6R parts for sale lawles Classifieds 1 11-11-2011 11:53 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome