First and foremost, welcome to the forum! We are always happy to have new members from all backgrounds and levels of experience to add to our forum dynamic. That being said, please refer to the following very important pieces of information in order to ensure that you enjoy a long and happy membership on our forum.
1. If you are creating an account so you can sell items, you need
to know that members are not able to post in the classifieds section until they have 25 posts, and been a member of the forum for 30 days.
If for some reason you miss this thread, it is also located in an announcement thread in the classifieds section.
2. You should also know that sale threads of any kind can ONLY be made in THAT section. I mean, logistically it's possible to post a sale thread in other areas of the forum... such as your first post in the "new users" section... but you really don't want to do that because...
3. If you are of the mind that this rule doesn't apply to you, your thread will be deleted and your account will be placed on a temporary ban. I have relaxed my position on immediately permanently
banning people because I realize that some people just miss the bus sometimes. But if it persists, you'll join all of the other little losers in the banned camp.
4. The 30 day rule
- let's say that you join the forum on May 15th and you sign on one day and you see that under your username it only states that you've been a member since May and it is now June. You're super eager to unload that used helmet that you've pried the mohawk off of and febreezed the sweat and sneeze residue out of, so you click on over to the Classifieds section to post your golden nugget up for sale. You get an error. This is because you've probably not been a member for 30 DAYS. This does not mean that you've met the requirement. Sorry, I know, on a resume it might seem more substantial but our database keeps better track than that.
5. 25 posts rule
- You joined in 2009 and just never came back until you wanted to unload those old stock pieces because the chick you picked up at bike night became your babymama and now she's breathin' down your neck for some child support so she can get the oil changed on her Lexus. Yes, you'll still need to generate some posts. Please, don't be a tool and spam a bunch of threads with mindless crap or threadjacks. It's just like... not cool man.
I know this is long but there isn't a day that goes by where I don't sign in and see the SAME MESSAGE from multiple different people wondering why they can't post in the classifieds. I've also taken to noticing some folks deciding to bypass that rule altogether and posting their items up in the new user section. Don't do it. Don't make Mama Mayhem put down the nice cold beer so she can type out the reason why she banned your ass and deleted your thread.
Contrary to popular opinion, I don't like being the bad guy... bad girl is a different story entirely.
Thank you all in advance for your cooperation.