ZX6R.com

show us your f models!!!!! (copying the j thread)

This is a discussion on show us your f models!!!!! (copying the j thread) within the Pictures forums, part of the Multimedia category; Nice very nice anyone else out there...

Go Back   ZX6R Forum > Multimedia > Pictures

Like Tree6Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 03-26-2013, 07:44 PM   #16
Squid
 
Joined: Mar 2013
From: Chicago

Posts: 82

I Ride: 95 zx600 F1
Nice very nice anyone else out there
Melimel is offline  
Remove Ads

Welcome to the largest Kawasaki ZX6R Forum for the Kawasaki ZX6R, ZX6RR, 636, and ZX6.

We welcome everyone and the community is free to join so register today and become part of the Kawasaki ZX6R Forum family!

Old 05-11-2013, 11:50 AM   #17
Squid
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: Limerick, ireland

Posts: 27

I Ride: F3 zx6r
here's mine, have fittied Hel brake lines since I took this, in the process of fitting a B1H exhaust system too and ive had the cowl sprayed

5hift likes this.
Cfitzy6 is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 12:34 PM   #18
Pro Racer
 
f man's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: ireland

Posts: 695

I Ride: 95 zx6r f
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfitzy6 View Post
here's mine, have fittied Hel brake lines since I took this, in the process of fitting a B1H exhaust system too and ive had the cowl sprayed


Bang tidy!!!
Old girls looking great
Cfitzy6 likes this.
f man is online now  
Old 05-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #19
World Superbike Racer
 
AgentOrange's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: Nazareth, Pa

Posts: 1,251

I Ride: 1995 ZX6R F1 Cafe'd, 1972 Suzuki T350, 1992 KDX200, 1966 YDS-3, 1999 KE100 w/KDX400 motor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfitzy6 View Post
here's mine, have fittied Hel brake lines since I took this, in the process of fitting a B1H exhaust system too and ive had the cowl sprayed
Ive tried fitting an 03-04 zx6r header to the F head and the spacing is off, chopping and welding would be your best bet
AgentOrange is online now  
Old 05-11-2013, 11:52 PM   #20
Squid
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: Limerick, ireland

Posts: 27

I Ride: F3 zx6r
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
Ive tried fitting an 03-04 zx6r header to the F head and the spacing is off, chopping and welding would be your best bet
Hey, thanks for that, was it off by much??

I know a g/j series will fit and then I heard the 03-04 fits the g/j so I presumed it would fit the F then...

Mine is starting to suffer the dreaded exhaust rot and I don't want to get a cheap/shitty reproduction set...
Cfitzy6 is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 11:58 PM   #21
Squid
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: Limerick, ireland

Posts: 27

I Ride: F3 zx6r
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticStar View Post
That looks tidy!

This is mine (not so tidy lol!)

That looks pretty tidy to me!!!
Cfitzy6 is offline  
Old 05-12-2013, 12:30 AM   #22
World Superbike Racer
 
AgentOrange's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: Nazareth, Pa

Posts: 1,251

I Ride: 1995 ZX6R F1 Cafe'd, 1972 Suzuki T350, 1992 KDX200, 1966 YDS-3, 1999 KE100 w/KDX400 motor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfitzy6 View Post
Hey, thanks for that, was it off by much??

I know a g/j series will fit and then I heard the 03-04 fits the g/j so I presumed it would fit the F then...

Mine is starting to suffer the dreaded exhaust rot and I don't want to get a cheap/shitty reproduction set...
I didn't think the J or G does but it was quite noticable
AgentOrange is online now  
Old 05-12-2013, 01:38 AM   #23
Squid
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: Limerick, ireland

Posts: 27

I Ride: F3 zx6r
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
I didn't think the J or G does but it was quite noticable
Ya my mate had a g system on his f but he had an argument with a truck and completely destroyed the bike
Cfitzy6 is offline  
Old 05-12-2013, 01:57 AM   #24
Pro Racer
 
f man's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
From: ireland

Posts: 695

I Ride: 95 zx6r f
A new stainless system off ebay is 220 sterling plus postage. Im gonna invest in a set
f man is online now  
Old 05-12-2013, 02:40 AM   #25
World Superbike Racer
 
AgentOrange's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: Nazareth, Pa

Posts: 1,251

I Ride: 1995 ZX6R F1 Cafe'd, 1972 Suzuki T350, 1992 KDX200, 1966 YDS-3, 1999 KE100 w/KDX400 motor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfitzy6 View Post
Ya my mate had a g system on his f but he had an argument with a truck and completely destroyed the bike
they look very very similar but here is the 03 header on my F head. the right 2 will fit but the left 2 are off by about 1mm. might be able to hit it with a hammer to get it to fit. i measured my F head and J head and they are different, the J head is definitely smaller than the F, so i dont know if that guy is pulling you leg but it doesnt look like the J exhaust would fit.


AgentOrange is online now  
Old 05-12-2013, 08:20 AM   #26
Squid
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: Limerick, ireland

Posts: 27

I Ride: F3 zx6r
Quote:
Originally Posted by f man View Post
A new stainless system off ebay is 220 sterling plus postage. Im gonna invest in a set

ive heard a lot of complaints about those, guys cant see to get the bike to fuel right after it... i was tempted though myself
Cfitzy6 is offline  
Old 05-12-2013, 08:24 AM   #27
Squid
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: Limerick, ireland

Posts: 27

I Ride: F3 zx6r
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
they look very very similar but here is the 03 header on my F head. the right 2 will fit but the left 2 are off by about 1mm. might be able to hit it with a hammer to get it to fit. i measured my F head and J head and they are different, the J head is definitely smaller than the F, so i dont know if that guy is pulling you leg but it doesnt look like the J exhaust would fit.
ya it was a J/G exhaust alright, maybe he doctored it somehow..

thanks for the pics... when you say the left ar off by 1mm do you mean the spacing to one side? maybe if i got them heated and bended they would line up?? sorry for wrecking your head with questions
Cfitzy6 is offline  
Old 05-12-2013, 10:04 AM   #28
World Superbike Racer
 
Joined: Oct 2012
From: Lincolnshire, UK

Posts: 1,199
Glad to see you haven't parted with your F Celtic seem to remember you were facing having to sell it last time I saw you pop up! (not on here all that much though)
SteveZZR is offline  
Old 05-12-2013, 03:39 PM   #29
World Superbike Racer
 
AgentOrange's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: Nazareth, Pa

Posts: 1,251

I Ride: 1995 ZX6R F1 Cafe'd, 1972 Suzuki T350, 1992 KDX200, 1966 YDS-3, 1999 KE100 w/KDX400 motor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfitzy6 View Post
ya it was a J/G exhaust alright, maybe he doctored it somehow..

thanks for the pics... when you say the left ar off by 1mm do you mean the spacing to one side? maybe if i got them heated and bended they would line up?? sorry for wrecking your head with questions
if you create a centerline down the middle of the header, the 2 on the left are 1mm closer to the centerline. heating and bending might work i dont think it would be a big deal but it is enough to not fit the headers
AgentOrange is online now  
Old 05-13-2013, 03:59 AM   #30
Squid
 
Joined: Sep 2012
From: Limerick, ireland

Posts: 27

I Ride: F3 zx6r
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
if you create a centerline down the middle of the header, the 2 on the left are 1mm closer to the centerline. heating and bending might work i dont think it would be a big deal but it is enough to not fit the headers
Perfect thanks! I'll probably go ahead with this, fit a yoshi rs-3 slip on, get her set up on the rolling road and see how it goes!
Cfitzy6 is offline  
Reply

  ZX6R Forum > Multimedia > Pictures


Search tags for this page

95 zx6r shock swap

,

95 zx6r wheel swap

,

custom painted zzr6

,

wheel swap 95 zx6r

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
show your J models gentlemen scoobs Pictures 390 06-27-2014 02:22 PM
For Sale 33 BHP restriction discs for ZX6R models CHeap!!!! slingerps2 Classifieds 3 08-08-2011 07:22 PM
brake fitting thread size u531355 Mechanical and Technical 11 03-22-2011 06:12 PM