-As several may or may not know I have raced a 2013 ZX6R since I bought it brand new as part of the Kawasaki Team Green program back in 2013 after racing a 2003 ZX6R for a few years.
-Since then I acquired quite a few Kawasaki spares and decided to build a second ZX6R as a backup race bike/track day coaching bike and sell my 2007 Honda CBR 600RR.
-Below are a few photos of the progress and final outcome after about 2 months of work. It ran well out of the box when coaching with N2 at NC Bike last month. Details below
-2012 Frame- salvage title
-2009 Forks and triples (ebay) Revalved and resprung by Kenny Martin at MRP Motorsports
-ECU reflashed by MRP Motorsports
-Subframe (1 of 2 extras I had)
-2010 Swingarm (ebay)
-2009 motor, harness, gauges, and headers with 11k miles (sourced from local guy was going to do a go-cart project. His wife was nagging him for new kitchen floors and I tiled his kitchen and bathroom in exchange)
-Bodywork and tank from a local racers wifes track day bike (added my own vinyl touches
-Woodcraft left side engine cover, clip-ons, ignition delete and servo eliminator (Woodcraft)
-Brembo master off a 2008 Ducati 1098
-Calipers off a 2008 Honda CBR 600RR with galfer race sintered pads (extras from my 2007 Honda CBR 600RR
-Galfer front SS brake lines from a GSXR 600
-310mm front rotors off a 2010 Concourse (installed the tx control ring so I could use on the 2013 ZX6R)
-10mm Brembo spacers to give right spacing for calipers
-BMC Race filter
-Ohlins 46PRXSL from a 2004 ZX6R (had to use the 2004 shock linkage to work on this bike)
-Vortex rearsets (extra set from my 2013)
-Annitori Quickshifter (from my 2013 since I went to the PRO version)
-Rear SS brake line off a 2003 CBR 600RR
-Rear caliper off a 2014 ZX6R
-Revalved Ohlins OEM damper by Kyle Racing
-Dented Comp Werkes shorty slip-on (extra laying around I got for 75.00)
-Rear subframe was modified and tip-over sensor was moved forward to a less vulnerable position, rectifier was moved to just below the ram air and holes were drilled in bodywork to keep cool. Harness was properly depinned and shortened to leave only what was necessary.
-Ran great out of the box but had to change the factory master cylinder as it failed on me and was losing my front brakes coaching at NC Bike.....it helped with carrying more cornerspeed ...lol. I got the Brembo master for under 100.00.
-All in all a fun project and now I have a similar chassis to ride and race on.
Motor in frame:
Triples installed and working the harness:
Subframe, swingarm, wheels installed: