The Race Track Tyre Wear Guide - Page 2 - ZX6R Forum
 25Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 33 Old 03-20-2014, 06:23 PM
Squid
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: SoCal
Posts: 31
This is awesome thank you for posting this will definitely help.
Zx6rspecial is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 33 Old 05-06-2014, 05:26 PM
World Superbike Racer
 
Off Camber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: NOVA
Posts: 1,578
What Do you Think Of This Mess

I think I have rebound damping issues:



Off Camber is online now  
post #18 of 33 Old 05-06-2014, 05:38 PM
MotoGP Champion
 
lowcel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 5,111

I Ride: 2013 ZX6R street, 2009 ZX6R track
I think mine looks pretty even.

Two full track days and a rain track day. 36 psi with warmers on them.

Off Camber likes this.
lowcel is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #19 of 33 Old 05-06-2014, 05:42 PM
MotoGP Champion
 
NEPAzx6r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Scranton, PA
Posts: 2,729

I Ride: 2005 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcel View Post
I think mine looks pretty even.

Two full track days and a rain track day. 36 psi with warmers on them.

Looks like you're pretty slow Gimme a run around a track with that RR and I'll show ya some tire wear

No but really, that does seem to be some even wear. I'm correct in recalling you had your suspension set up for your weight your first weekend right? Looks to be spot on


Quote:
Originally Posted by zninja View Post
All I wanted to do was get away and Mariah Carey made me beat up a child.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Hawk View Post
I think my girlfriend is a squid because she rides me real hard with no gear on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckzach05 View Post
Spark plugs don't lie, they don't hide shit from you, they lay it all out there like a geisha girl with sushi on her bits.
NEPAzx6r is offline  
post #20 of 33 Old 05-06-2014, 05:45 PM
MotoGP Champion
 
lowcel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 5,111

I Ride: 2013 ZX6R street, 2009 ZX6R track
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPAzx6r View Post
Looks like you're pretty slow Gimme a run around a track with that RR and I'll show ya some tire wear

No but really, that does seem to be some even wear. I'm correct in recalling you had your suspension set up for your weight your first weekend right? Looks to be spot on
Yes, suspension was set up as well as possible with the current springs. I could some a little stiffer though.
lowcel is offline  
post #21 of 33 Old 05-06-2014, 05:47 PM
MotoGP Champion
 
NEPAzx6r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Scranton, PA
Posts: 2,729

I Ride: 2005 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcel View Post
Yes, suspension was set up as well as possible with the current springs. I could some a little stiffer though.
Good shit. When's the next day?


Quote:
Originally Posted by zninja View Post
All I wanted to do was get away and Mariah Carey made me beat up a child.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Hawk View Post
I think my girlfriend is a squid because she rides me real hard with no gear on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckzach05 View Post
Spark plugs don't lie, they don't hide shit from you, they lay it all out there like a geisha girl with sushi on her bits.
NEPAzx6r is offline  
post #22 of 33 Old 05-06-2014, 05:48 PM
World Superbike Racer
 
Off Camber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: NOVA
Posts: 1,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcel View Post
I think mine looks pretty even.

Two full track days and a rain track day. 36 psi with warmers on them.

Your tire is nice and all........




Off Camber is online now  
post #23 of 33 Old 05-06-2014, 05:49 PM
MotoGP Champion
 
lowcel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 5,111

I Ride: 2013 ZX6R street, 2009 ZX6R track
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPAzx6r View Post
Good shit. When's the next day?
May 19th and 20th. Bumped up to intermediate so my goal is to be consistent, predictable, and try to not piss anyone off. I am going to try dropping the front a couple of psi and the front about three or four psi to see how I like it.
lowcel is offline  
post #24 of 33 Old 05-06-2014, 06:09 PM
Superbike Champion
 
ilotek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 900

I Ride: 2013 636
this is good wear:


24 off the warmers, 25 off track. battlax racing slick R04Z
smokey11 and RRnold like this.

"withhold no sacrifice, grudge no toil, seek no sordid gain, fear no foe. All will be well."
ilotek is offline  
post #25 of 33 Old 05-06-2014, 07:13 PM
MotoGP Champion
 
NEPAzx6r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Scranton, PA
Posts: 2,729

I Ride: 2005 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcel View Post
May 19th and 20th. Bumped up to intermediate so my goal is to be consistent, predictable, and try to not piss anyone off. I am going to try dropping the front a couple of psi and the front about three or four psi to see how I like it.
Nice nice. I'll be looking to hear how that weekend goes and how the tires do on a lower psi.

On a side note, I'd kill somebody to be able to have slicks and warmers at my disposal


Quote:
Originally Posted by zninja View Post
All I wanted to do was get away and Mariah Carey made me beat up a child.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Hawk View Post
I think my girlfriend is a squid because she rides me real hard with no gear on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckzach05 View Post
Spark plugs don't lie, they don't hide shit from you, they lay it all out there like a geisha girl with sushi on her bits.
NEPAzx6r is offline  
post #26 of 33 Old 05-28-2014, 10:49 PM
World Superbike Racer
 
636MOBIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Azusa,Ca
Posts: 1,309

I Ride: 2003 ZX6r
LOVE THIS THREAD, I NOTICED THE THE BACK EDGE OF THE TREAD WAS DEVELOPING A LIP THEN I ADJUSTED REBOUND AND ITS LOOKING BETTER NOW


"SLOW IS SMOOTH AND SMOOTH IS FAST"
636MOBIN is offline  
post #27 of 33 Old 05-30-2014, 12:19 PM
MotoGP Champion
 
lowcel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 5,111

I Ride: 2013 ZX6R street, 2009 ZX6R track
I was just checking out my tires. Is this tear anything to worry about?

lowcel is offline  
post #28 of 33 Old 05-30-2014, 01:01 PM
MotoGP Champion
 
lowcel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 5,111

I Ride: 2013 ZX6R street, 2009 ZX6R track
Looked closer, tears on both sides. Looks like I will be mounting a new tire.


636MOBIN likes this.
lowcel is offline  
post #29 of 33 Old 05-30-2014, 01:21 PM
World Superbike Racer
 
636MOBIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Azusa,Ca
Posts: 1,309

I Ride: 2003 ZX6r
That might be a tire defect, if so you might be able to a get new one free, contact dunlop (i think those or q3's right )

"SLOW IS SMOOTH AND SMOOTH IS FAST"
636MOBIN is offline  
post #30 of 33 Old 05-30-2014, 01:34 PM
MotoGP Champion
 
lowcel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 5,111

I Ride: 2013 ZX6R street, 2009 ZX6R track
Quote:
Originally Posted by 636MOBIN View Post
That might be a tire defect, if so you might be able to a get new one free, contact dunlop (i think those or q3's right )
I left them a message and e-mailed Revzilla. Oh, and yes it is a Q3.
lowcel is offline  
Reply

  ZX6R Forum > ZX6R Forum > Racing

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



  LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://zx6r.com/racing/53097-race-track-tyre-wear-guide.html
Posted By For Type Date
What tires?? - Page 4 - motodfw This thread Refback 06-08-2014 10:08 AM

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MARRC Track Days & Race School- 2014 TheEvilTwin Racing 6 01-12-2014 06:42 PM
Tyre pressure advice needed for Brands Hatch track day Submariner Racing 15 08-17-2013 01:03 PM
Video of my last race exalted512 Motorcycle Talk 7 06-19-2013 04:31 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome