2016 WSBK Season (Spoilers Inside) - Page 4 - ZX6R Forum
 126Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 311 Old 01-06-2016, 02:39 PM
MotoGP Champion
 
zninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 4,456

I Ride: 2012 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey11 View Post
Dude you need to catch up...

Pata Honda switched to Yamaha for 2016...

Guintolli and Lowes have already tested it.... Twice

Hayden was fastest at the last test...

The R1 has had a full season of development in WSTK,BSB and European series, while the ZX10 is a new platform, so it stands to reason that the ZX10 might not be dominate like last year straight out the box...
the R1 will make things interesting next year I'm thinking.
zninja is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #47 of 311 Old 01-06-2016, 03:06 PM
Track Star
 
Flex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 596

I Ride: 08 Ninja ZX-6R Special Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by zninja View Post
Who is going to Laguna Seca this year? I would love to crack a beer with anyone who is gonna be there.
i am hoping to go this year for the first time, i will deff post something up if i plan to go
zninja likes this.

08 ZX-6R Special Edition

Family Business https://www.facebook.com/pages/Line-...63902123635193

Trucks, Trailers, Boats, Cars and Bikes in SoCal you name it we do it, including one off custom work
Flex is offline  
post #48 of 311 Old 01-06-2016, 05:15 PM
Post Master General
 
PowerGroove's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Moorpark, California
Posts: 10,741

I Ride: 2009 ZX-6R - track / 2012 ZX-6R - project / 1986 DR200
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zninja View Post
Who is going to Laguna Seca this year? I would love to crack a beer with anyone who is gonna be there.
We will be camped on the hill overlooking the stretch between Rainey Curve and turn 10. And by camped... I mean in a big fuggin' toy hauler.

Although it looks like I'll be driving up this year Unless I get another street bike!

“Why do I ride as number 69? Well, it’s a number that you can still read when the bike is upside down after a crash." - Nicky Hayden

YouTube Channel - Powergroove75
PowerGroove is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #49 of 311 Old 01-07-2016, 08:35 AM
MotoGP Champion
 
zninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 4,456

I Ride: 2012 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGroove View Post
We will be camped on the hill overlooking the stretch between Rainey Curve and turn 10. And by camped... I mean in a big fuggin' toy hauler.

Although it looks like I'll be driving up this year Unless I get another street bike!
Nice. I've been in overflow over near the corkscrew the past 2 years but going to try to get a better spot this year. I don't have a hauler although I may borrow a 20 foot travel trailer this year. Showers are vastly underrated and they didn't have the shower truck last year.

We can trade contact info before the weekend and maybe hook up for a beer. I'll be bringing my Polini minimoto this year. Can't wait to ride that thing around up there. Gonna be a blast.
zninja is offline  
post #50 of 311 Old 01-19-2016, 03:18 PM
FTD
Squid
 
FTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Appleton, WI
Posts: 71

I Ride: Fast in the fast parts, slow in the slow parts
So looks like the 2016 season Videopass is now available.

WorldSBK < VideoPass

It looks pretty reasonable at 24.90 Euro... Just to confirm that is for the full season, correct? If so I am likely to pull the trigger tonight.

I read last night that it unfortunately won't work on most smart TVs due to the file format... Has anyone had any success playing these videos on their TV as opposed to a computer?
FTD is offline  
post #51 of 311 Old 01-19-2016, 03:57 PM
MotoGP Champion
 
jd41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Monterey, California
Posts: 2,754

I Ride: 2014 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTD View Post
So looks like the 2016 season Videopass is now available.

WorldSBK < VideoPass

It looks pretty reasonable at 24.90 Euro... Just to confirm that is for the full season, correct? If so I am likely to pull the trigger tonight.

I read last night that it unfortunately won't work on most smart TVs due to the file format... Has anyone had any success playing these videos on their TV as opposed to a computer?
Looks like that package is for Asia.

Bottom of webpage:
More info: SBK OnDemand package is available in Asia (except from Japan) and Oceania. No Live coverage is offered in these territories. If your main viewing area is located outside of these territories please visit this page again from there.
jd41 is offline  
post #52 of 311 Old 01-20-2016, 09:31 AM
FTD
Squid
 
FTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Appleton, WI
Posts: 71

I Ride: Fast in the fast parts, slow in the slow parts
Thanks for that jd41. Weird that my IP address pulled up the Asia region pricing.
FTD is offline  
post #53 of 311 Old 01-20-2016, 10:09 AM
MotoGP Champion
 
jd41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Monterey, California
Posts: 2,754

I Ride: 2014 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTD View Post
Thanks for that jd41. Weird that my IP address pulled up the Asia region pricing.
You're welcome. Correct pricing for 2016 season is now up at 69.90 Euro.

WorldSBK < VideoPass
zninja likes this.
jd41 is offline  
post #54 of 311 Old 01-20-2016, 10:27 AM
MotoGP Champion
 
zninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 4,456

I Ride: 2012 ZX6R
Still a great price for a ton of racing.
zninja is offline  
post #55 of 311 Old 01-20-2016, 10:49 AM
MotoGP Champion
 
jd41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Monterey, California
Posts: 2,754

I Ride: 2014 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zninja View Post
Still a great price for a ton of racing.
Totally. You get the European Jr Cup, STK600, STK1000, WSS, and 2 WSBK races per round.

Maybe MotoGP should follow suit with 2 races per round. That way there's no "woulda coulda shoulda".
jd41 is offline  
post #56 of 311 Old 01-20-2016, 10:53 AM
MotoGP Champion
 
zninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 4,456

I Ride: 2012 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd41 View Post
Totally. You get the European Jr Cup, STK600, STK1000, WSS, and 2 WSBK races per round.

Maybe MotoGP should follow suit with 2 races per round. That way there's no "woulda coulda shoulda".
2 MotoGP races per round would be boner inducing.

I find it so annoying that STK and WSS don't come over for Laguna Seca. I love the WSS racing. Easily my favorite class since I ride one of them.
zninja is offline  
post #57 of 311 Old 01-20-2016, 12:12 PM
ZX6r.com Supporting Member
Supporting Member
 
litner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South US
Posts: 1,561

I Ride: 2006 Zx6r 636
Garage
I use the google chromecast to stream it to my tv no problems. Great quality too
FTD likes this.

"Danger is certain. Fear is optional." ~Unknown
"Jam Harder, Penetrate Deeper, Dispense Longer" & "In God we Trust... All Others we Monitor, Jam or Deceive"~USAF Electronic Warfare Motto
'06 ZX6R 636// If you wanna look at the upgrades... Nakita is spoiled|Cool stickers for extra hp...
---------------------------------
For daily dose of motoporn follow my feed/channel: Instagram | Youtube Star Wannabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon35 View Post
Fuck, we almost gave a shit
litner is online now  
post #58 of 311 Old 01-20-2016, 12:12 PM
Post Master General
 
PowerGroove's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Moorpark, California
Posts: 10,741

I Ride: 2009 ZX-6R - track / 2012 ZX-6R - project / 1986 DR200
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zninja View Post
Nice. I've been in overflow over near the corkscrew the past 2 years but going to try to get a better spot this year. I don't have a hauler although I may borrow a 20 foot travel trailer this year. Showers are vastly underrated and they didn't have the shower truck last year.

We can trade contact info before the weekend and maybe hook up for a beer. I'll be bringing my Polini minimoto this year. Can't wait to ride that thing around up there. Gonna be a blast.
Yeah!! I was surprised that the shower truck wasn't there this year?!?! That was actually the nicest showers they have had lol.

Do you know where "The Bar" is in the camping area?

It's not a real bar... but there is a group of people that have been going for many years and they get the same campsite. Set it up under a big tent, free booze (just leave tips) and it's pretty much a full bar! They even had beer pong, flip cup and dart boards setup last year
Felixthecat likes this.

“Why do I ride as number 69? Well, it’s a number that you can still read when the bike is upside down after a crash." - Nicky Hayden

YouTube Channel - Powergroove75
PowerGroove is offline  
post #59 of 311 Old 01-20-2016, 12:16 PM
Track Star
 
dazo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 337

I Ride: 2012 RSV4 Factory
WSBK R1 article and pics

Not much new in the article, but lots of nice pics of the new R1.
With Guintoli and Lowes, I think there are going to be a few podiums for these guys.
dazo is offline  
post #60 of 311 Old 01-21-2016, 05:15 PM
MotoGP Champion
 
jd41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Monterey, California
Posts: 2,754

I Ride: 2014 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Garage
BMW did not fare to well last year. For 2016 they have some factory support along with Jordi Torres. Maybe we will be seeing some podiums from BMW this year.

jd41 is offline  
Reply

  ZX6R Forum > ZX6R Forum > Racing

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2016 MotoGP Season **Spoilers Inside** Ilya Racing 1999 11-14-2016 05:32 AM
2014 WSBK Season **spoiler alert** zninja Racing 2 03-04-2014 11:25 AM
Worldsuperbike, Imola.. spoilers inside !!!! bod Racing 0 04-01-2012 10:27 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome