Whatever happened to Elena Meyers? - ZX6R Forum
 25Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 Old 02-24-2017, 06:58 AM Thread Starter
MotoGP Champion
 
PainfullySlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,256

I Ride: 64 Ducati Monza, 99 Sprint ST, 04 TTR125, 04 Sportster, 09 GSXR600, 12 Street Triple, 13 ZX6R
Garage
Whatever happened to Elena Meyers?

Elena Myers Says She Was Sexually Assaulted at Loews Spa | News | Philadelphia Magazine

:-(

Confidence is everything to a racer. When it is gone, no force in the world is going to make it right again until they come to terms with it themselves. Although I dislike the fact that she received tons of press based on gender alone, she was a competent racer and from what I hear a decent human being. I hope that she is able to move past this and be happy, whether that is on a racetrack or not.
PainfullySlo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 34 Old 02-24-2017, 07:12 AM
Post Master General
 
Scorpi0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: LA, Cali
Posts: 9,732

I Ride: 06 636
It says he touched her thru her panties and grabbed her ass during the massage. I think she was enjoying it at first and then later on changed her mind. If someone touches u and u dont like it, u make a scene and storm outta there all pissed off. Dont continue with the massage and claim it as assault later on when u regret it.

Still aint right...but I blame her partly.
Scorpi0 is offline  
post #3 of 34 Old 02-24-2017, 08:07 AM
MotoGP Champion
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,684

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpi0 View Post
It says he touched her thru her panties and grabbed her ass during the massage. I think she was enjoying it at first and then later on changed her mind. If someone touches u and u dont like it, u make a scene and storm outta there all pissed off. Dont continue with the massage and claim it as assault later on when u regret it.

Still aint right...but I blame her partly.
I highly doubt that. She panicked and froze. She was like 20 years old. She was probably stunned and didn't know how to react, plus resisting in some way might've made matters worse.
MotoCT and capitalcrew like this.

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (race bike)
2009 ZX6R (race bike)
2015 R3 (project bike and future race bike)

Sponsors: Vortex Racing, MSM, MTR Cycle

April 2016 and April 2017 6OTM winner!
sbk1198 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 34 Old 02-24-2017, 08:16 AM
World Superbike Racer
 
capitalcrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Albany NY
Posts: 1,218

I Ride: 2016 gsxr 750, 2007 zx6r
Agreed ^

She may have had the ability to stop it but not everyone has that in them. Some people freeze. Short answer is only two people know what actually happened, and only one actually knows her mindset at the time.
capitalcrew is offline  
post #5 of 34 Old 02-24-2017, 08:53 AM
MotoGP Champion
 
jd41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Monterey, California
Posts: 2,892

I Ride: 2014 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Garage
Truly terrible.


On a different note,
It would be nice to see more females compete at the higher racing levels. Maria Herrera is doing a good job in moto3.
PowerGroove and PainfullySlo like this.

Martillo y Mantequilla #99

Last edited by jd41; 02-24-2017 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Name correction
jd41 is offline  
post #6 of 34 Old 02-24-2017, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
MotoGP Champion
 
PainfullySlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,256

I Ride: 64 Ducati Monza, 99 Sprint ST, 04 TTR125, 04 Sportster, 09 GSXR600, 12 Street Triple, 13 ZX6R
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd41 View Post
Truly terrible.


On a different note,
It would be nice to see more females compete at the higher racing levels. Maria Carrasco is doing a good job in moto3.
I would be totally for this.
PainfullySlo is offline  
post #7 of 34 Old 02-24-2017, 02:36 PM
Squid
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 53

I Ride: 2003 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpi0 View Post
It says he touched her thru her panties and grabbed her ass during the massage. I think she was enjoying it at first and then later on changed her mind. If someone touches u and u dont like it, u make a scene and storm outta there all pissed off. Dont continue with the massage and claim it as assault later on when u regret it.

Still aint right...but I blame her partly.
Alright, so let's recap here.

A 20 year old girl is sexually assaulted by an older, presumably stronger male. What exactly was she supposed to do? The article quotes her saying that she was basically frozen and didn't want to escalate the situation. A girl in that position is completely taken off guard and has reason to believe things might get violent if she tried to resist.

She IMMEDIATELY goes to hotel management to try and call the guy out. She is constantly brushed off. There is physical email evidence just after the incident.

She then proceeds to lose enough confidence to decide that she can't pursue her livelihood anymore.

And what exactly is her motivation for bringing it up now? You think she's after some sort of cash grab? This is the long road to healing for her.


It's people like you that constantly discredit sexual assault accusers that make it hard for people to stand up for themselves. Constantly throwing doubt at people who go through things like this only adds to the concept that people won't believe them. You're NOT helping.
NinjaTemp is offline  
post #8 of 34 Old 02-24-2017, 04:44 PM
Superbike Champion
 
Snazzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 966
Wasn't she just begging for money and selling her stuff to even make this years races As shitty as that situation is, I highly doubt it is why she left racing (cause it kinda has nothing to do with racing).

My opinion is she left because no one would pick her up as a rider and she ran herself broke with her own team...

2013 zx6r and 2011 zx10r
Build Thread
MRA Novice #407 RACE LIKE A GIRL!
Snazzy is offline  
post #9 of 34 Old 02-24-2017, 05:05 PM
MotoGP Champion
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,684

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazzy View Post
Wasn't she just begging for money and selling her stuff to even make this years races As shitty as that situation is, I highly doubt it is why she left racing (cause it kinda has nothing to do with racing).

My opinion is she left because no one would pick her up as a rider and she ran herself broke with her own team...
But then why stop cold turkey like that? If she can't afford MotoAmerica, she could make some money racing at club level. A racer of her caliber could win a lot in any racing organization in this country as an expert. The amount she could win would pay for all her races, tires, and other costs. That's basically what some of those fast AMA guys did, like Geoff May, Cory West, etc. May said he won over $25k in contingency last year on his zx10r....and that was all from WERA rounds I'm pretty sure.

There's probably more to it I'm sure....either way, still a shitty deal to have to go through.

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (race bike)
2009 ZX6R (race bike)
2015 R3 (project bike and future race bike)

Sponsors: Vortex Racing, MSM, MTR Cycle

April 2016 and April 2017 6OTM winner!
sbk1198 is offline  
post #10 of 34 Old 02-24-2017, 05:37 PM
Post Master General
 
Scorpi0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: LA, Cali
Posts: 9,732

I Ride: 06 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaTemp View Post
Alright, so let's recap here.

A 20 year old girl is sexually assaulted by an older, presumably stronger male. What exactly was she supposed to do? The article quotes her saying that she was basically frozen and didn't want to escalate the situation. A girl in that position is completely taken off guard and has reason to believe things might get violent if she tried to resist.

She IMMEDIATELY goes to hotel management to try and call the guy out. She is constantly brushed off. There is physical email evidence just after the incident.

She then proceeds to lose enough confidence to decide that she can't pursue her livelihood anymore.

And what exactly is her motivation for bringing it up now? You think she's after some sort of cash grab? This is the long road to healing for her.


It's people like you that constantly discredit sexual assault accusers that make it hard for people to stand up for themselves. Constantly throwing doubt at people who go through things like this only adds to the concept that people won't believe them. You're NOT helping.
Ok ok....I see your point. You might be right given the history of the therapist.

But, what if she actually was OK with it at first? Then she got moody and regretted her decision. Who r u gonna believe?
Scorpi0 is offline  
post #11 of 34 Old 02-24-2017, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
MotoGP Champion
 
PainfullySlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,256

I Ride: 64 Ducati Monza, 99 Sprint ST, 04 TTR125, 04 Sportster, 09 GSXR600, 12 Street Triple, 13 ZX6R
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazzy View Post
Wasn't she just begging for money and selling her stuff to even make this years races As shitty as that situation is, I highly doubt it is why she left racing (cause it kinda has nothing to do with racing).

My opinion is she left because no one would pick her up as a rider and she ran herself broke with her own team...
Snazzy, you haven't been around the block in racing long enough to know. Once you get to that level there is a lot more than simply hopping on a bike. The best way I have heard it explained is like this:

Racers operate under varying degrees of illusion about being in control of the uncontrollable. Being caught in an uncontrollable situation (even if completely unrelated) can destroy that illusion. It invades every aspect of your being until you are no longer able to maintain the illusion which is necessary to being a racer.

In short. Fear. Doubt. Things that a racer at that level simply cannot endure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1198 View Post
But then why stop cold turkey like that? If she can't afford MotoAmerica, she could make some money racing at club level. A racer of her caliber could win a lot in any racing organization in this country as an expert. The amount she could win would pay for all her races, tires, and other costs. That's basically what some of those fast AMA guys did, like Geoff May, Cory West, etc. May said he won over $25k in contingency last year on his zx10r....and that was all from WERA rounds I'm pretty sure.

There's probably more to it I'm sure....either way, still a shitty deal to have to go through.
^ this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpi0 View Post
Ok ok....I see your point. You might be right given the history of the therapist.

But, what if she actually was OK with it at first? Then she got moody and regretted her decision. Who r u gonna believe?
Ok, I have to say that ordinarily I can get behind most of what you post but I have to ask: wtf sick fantasy is it where a woman enjoys that? If she wanted some strange she certainly wouldn't have to rely on some dude in a hotel spa. What even makes you think that she would have instigated or encouraged something like this? Does any of the evidence support this, even anecdotally?

You are thinking like a man, because you are one. Women by nature are insecure, especially when around a dominant male. This is basic psychology 101. I am not surprised at all that she froze. YOU would have hauled off and decked someone but you are not a woman. Try to put aside the testosterone for a moment and think about it =)
PainfullySlo is offline  
post #12 of 34 Old 02-24-2017, 06:47 PM
Guttermouth Ragdoll
Supporting Member
 
MistressOfMayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The 8th Ring
Posts: 8,209

I Ride: 04 ZX6-R, 07 R6 (Sold), 09 DRZ400S (Sold, but forever in my heart) 2015 XT250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpi0 View Post
It says he touched her thru her panties and grabbed her ass during the massage. I think she was enjoying it at first and then later on changed her mind. If someone touches u and u dont like it, u make a scene and storm outta there all pissed off. Dont continue with the massage and claim it as assault later on when u regret it.

Still aint right...but I blame her partly.
Are you fucking serious? Or are you just trolling? I'm gonna go ahead and assume that you're trolling but I'll humor this with a response anyway.

So, in the statement that I read, the other woman who actually IS pursuing charges, did object. And the douchebag forced her face into the bed and did what he was gonna do anyway.

Myers response in the situation is actually a pretty normal response for a woman to have under those circumstances. No one ever expects to be violated, no one ever wants to actually beleive they've been violated, and when you add to it that when you find yourself in a scenario where those are the circumstances, you have absolutely no idea what you're dealing with. You're at a disadvantage and there's a guy who may very well have the capacity to kill you if he has the audacity to violate you. You have no fucking idea what to do or what is going to happen.

The psychological recovery process of something like this takes years and sometimes, depending on the person, it may never be a full recovery at all. Addiction, suicide, self harm, all are side effects of sexual trauma. It depends on the person, their psychological strength, their ability to process and cope, and a lot of other factors. I've worked with a lot of victims of sexual trauma and the recovery is different for every one. It changes you, it changes your mind, it changes how you feel in your own skin. It changes how you engage in the world. I don't have a doubt in my mind that she became overwhelmed by her emotions and that the experience shattered a big portion of her self identity. After all, everyone would like to think they'd respond a certain way in a scenario and when it finally happens it doesn't always pan out that way. And it leaves you feeling ashamed, angry, hopeless, disconnected.

I know I never expected in a million years to be held hostage by a guy I had dated and then sexually assaulted. But it happened, and it took a long time before I actually came to terms with it because I always saw myself as "smart enough" and tough enough to avoid that scenario. Luckily, I've been able to come back from it and live my life without being haunted by it. Sure, the experience is still there but it hasn't damaged me or my will to live my life. But that's not always the case.

So, perhaps a little self education and empathy might go a long way.
PainfullySlo and sbk1198 like this.
MistressOfMayhem is offline  
post #13 of 34 Old 02-24-2017, 06:53 PM
Post Master General
 
Scorpi0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: LA, Cali
Posts: 9,732

I Ride: 06 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by PainfullySlo View Post
Ok, I have to say that ordinarily I can get behind most of what you post but I have to ask: wtf sick fantasy is it where a woman enjoys that? If she wanted some strange she certainly wouldn't have to rely on some dude in a hotel spa. What even makes you think that she would have instigated or encouraged something like this? Does any of the evidence support this, even anecdotally?

You are thinking like a man, because you are one. Women by nature are insecure, especially when around a dominant male. This is basic psychology 101. I am not surprised at all that she froze. YOU would have hauled off and decked someone but you are not a woman. Try to put aside the testosterone for a moment and think about it =)
U never know man. Some girls/women are undercover freaks and love that kinda stuff. Anything is possible.

Im just sayin...she was single and bein massaged by a good lookin guy.

Theres a lotta women out there who do some unimaginable shit for some crazy reasons. Havent u seen the movie Gone Girl??

Put yourself in the guy's shoes. What if she actually did frame him? How would u explain yourself out of that shitty situation? Innocent until proven guilty, right??

Last edited by Scorpi0; 02-24-2017 at 06:56 PM.
Scorpi0 is offline  
post #14 of 34 Old 02-24-2017, 06:55 PM
Guttermouth Ragdoll
Supporting Member
 
MistressOfMayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The 8th Ring
Posts: 8,209

I Ride: 04 ZX6-R, 07 R6 (Sold), 09 DRZ400S (Sold, but forever in my heart) 2015 XT250
You need education.

That or you are projecting your own rape fantasies in this thread.

Maybe lay off the porn?
MistressOfMayhem is offline  
post #15 of 34 Old 02-24-2017, 07:08 PM
Post Master General
 
Scorpi0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: LA, Cali
Posts: 9,732

I Ride: 06 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistressOfMayhem View Post
You need education.

That or you are projecting your own rape fantasies in this thread.

Maybe lay off the porn?
So youre telling me stuff like this never happens??
Scorpi0 is offline  
Reply

  ZX6R Forum > ZX6R Forum > Racing

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sooooo....This happened. Gonna miss my baby!! 27869 The ZX6R 38 05-14-2016 09:52 AM
The Saga of My Sportbike (what ever happened to the guy who stole my bike?) Venge Motorcycle Talk 19 12-11-2014 11:58 PM
Has this ever happened to anyone? subiedude09 Motorcycle Talk 21 10-07-2014 03:23 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome