I'm sure we all have one of these at our track days - ZX6R Forum
 51Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 Old 03-02-2017, 07:23 AM Thread Starter
GEB
Track Star
 
GEB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 507

I Ride: 2013 ZX6R ABS
I'm sure we all have one of these at our track days

Track day winner

GEB is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 35 Old 03-02-2017, 11:14 AM
Squid
 
TemujinRain9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Cornwall
Posts: 59
Garage
This pretty much sums up my reaction
jd41 likes this.

"If someone tells me that it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every time." - Madoka Kaname
“When a man faces fear, his soul is tested. What he was born to seek... what he was born to achieve... his true nature will become clear.” - Shougo Makishima
"I wanted to be just like those heroes in the books... Someone who fought for what was right, and protected people who couldn't protect themselves!" - Ruby Rose
TemujinRain9 is online now  
post #3 of 35 Old 03-02-2017, 11:35 AM
MotoGP Champion
 
PainfullySlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,111

I Ride: 64 Ducati Monza, 99 Sprint ST, 04 TTR125, 04 Sportster, 09 GSXR600, 12 Street Triple, 13 ZX6R
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEB View Post
Thankfully I rarely see one of these. Maybe it is because we are primarily a race school. Even though we have regular track days, generally people come to us to learn.
PainfullySlo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 35 Old 03-02-2017, 03:38 PM
World Superbike Racer
 
Sanctuary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Posts: 1,459

I Ride: 2013 ZX6R, 2013 Triumph Street Triple, 2017 Triumph Street Triple RS (on order)
Muppets. (Guy cuts me up mid-corner)

Me: Couldn't you wait? That was ridiculous.

Him: I had to pass you.

Me: It's not a race.

Him: You were holding me up.

Me: If it's not safe, wait.

Him: I had to pass you.

Me: Just wait a bit and pass safely.

Him: You were holding me up.

Me: ARGH! <looking for officials>

This guy then packs up and leaves. What gives...

Or the muppet with his precious 1299 S who binned it on the third corner (just a light drop) and proceeds to stand arms-folded by his bike in clear breach of track rules causing the session to be red-flagged. Retards! Everywhere.
ricerocket09 and PainfullySlo like this.

A play on words, or words on play
Last chapter, verse in the final act
Words well scripted, each sentence choking
Inaudible gag, blanket which suffocates
As you eat another's words
Malnourished, you starve.
Sanctuary is offline  
post #5 of 35 Old 03-02-2017, 04:43 PM
ZX6r.com Supporting Member
Supporting Member
 
Indy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Indianapolis, In
Posts: 1,151
Garage
I've encountered very few.

The one I knew was going to throw off at least the first session was when they asked for riders looking to get bumped.
8 of us raised our hands. Each said what there experiance was.
The red flag was when this rider said he has done one track day and the tail of the dragon 4 times.
They pushed him back a group 3 different sessions.

The other type is like this guy in the video below. If he finally gets to the track and is the fastest squid he knows of thinks actually riding properly is easy.
I kept thinking listening to him talk about the expenses and how precious his bike was while lane splitting at a faster than anyone else on the road. Ya track day's and proper gear is expensive if you don't buy smart.
Btard likes this.
Indy is offline  
post #6 of 35 Old 03-06-2017, 09:00 AM
Squid
 
VohrteFahrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Eastern Pennsylvania
Posts: 66

I Ride: Ninja 300 (Traded) 2015 Zx6r 636 30th Anniversary Edition
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
I've encountered very few.

The one I knew was going to throw off at least the first session was when they asked for riders looking to get bumped.
8 of us raised our hands. Each said what there experiance was.
The red flag was when this rider said he has done one track day and the tail of the dragon 4 times.
They pushed him back a group 3 different sessions.

The other type is like this guy in the video below. If he finally gets to the track and is the fastest squid he knows of thinks actually riding properly is easy.
I kept thinking listening to him talk about the expenses and how precious his bike was while lane splitting at a faster than anyone else on the road. Ya track day's and proper gear is expensive if you don't buy smart.
https://youtu.be/RKhVAC9Iims
He mustn't have looked too hard because a lot of tracks provide gear with the fee. Helmet is the only piece they don't supply.
VohrteFahrt is offline  
post #7 of 35 Old 03-06-2017, 09:19 AM
Pro Racer
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Albany NY
Posts: 698

I Ride: 2016 gsxr 750, 2007 zx6r
I wouldn't say a lot of tracks provide free gear, but it is available to rent at most. Dude is out of his mind though.
Schooley, Indy and sbk1198 like this.
capitalcrew is offline  
post #8 of 35 Old 03-06-2017, 10:59 AM
Track Star
 
dazo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 332

I Ride: 2012 RSV4 Factory
Track Snob Vlogger gripes vs. reality

Gripe 1: proper gear - our track day provider allows for textile two piece suits and work type over the ankle boots for beginner group riders, I'm sure he can find that much gear.

Gripe 2: changing out fluids - again our track day provider is pretty mellow about this for beginner group and allows normal coolant

Gripe 3: Late/rain = no refund - If you can't be on time, that's on you. On top of that I've only been rained out once in 4 years of track riding and they gave everyone who stayed until it was called off a rain check for another track day.

Gripe 4: taping lights - how lazy is this guy?

Gripe 5: towing the bike - UHaul $15 a day rentals are easy and cheap

Gripe 6: no track nearby - says the moto vlogger from SoCal...lol

Gripe 7: tire life - at the pace I expect this guy will run, he won't notice any extra tire wear

Gripe 8: finances - if you can afford a newish sportbike, you can afford a track day here and there

Gripe 9: insurance - the best insurance at a track day is to ride responsibly and not crash, it can be done, and is done all the time!

This guy is just an excuse generating machine!

edit to add: on top of all of this BS, the track group I ride with TrackXperience even provides a free New Rider School to all beginner level riders, that's a lot of bang for the cheapskate motovlogger's dollar!

Also provided with the price of admission at a trackxperience event is a Saturday night potluck with really good food, and the occasional fireworks show at the same time!
Strider, sbk1198 and capitalcrew like this.

Last edited by dazo; 03-06-2017 at 11:05 AM.
dazo is offline  
post #9 of 35 Old 03-06-2017, 11:04 AM
World Superbike Racer
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 1,210
If you look hard enough you can find a Douche in any group.
Schooley, dazo and PainfullySlo like this.
the prophet is offline  
post #10 of 35 Old 03-06-2017, 12:37 PM
MotoGP Champion
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,179

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Jeez that motovlogger guy is full of excuses! I get the money aspect but the way he said at the end "I won't go to a track if insurance doesn't cover me" is typical of people who don't take responsibility of their actions. How about you just ride within your means and not crash? Or if want to be more aggressive than shut up and pay to fix the bike instead of others paying to fix your shit?! I think it's great that some companies in some areas cover track days but that shouldn't be the determining factor. I went on a 4 year streak without crashing which probably consisted of about 45-50 track days/race days. It can be done.
dazo likes this.
sbk1198 is offline  
post #11 of 35 Old 03-06-2017, 12:44 PM
Pro Racer
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Albany NY
Posts: 698

I Ride: 2016 gsxr 750, 2007 zx6r
I mean, personally, I find it hilarious that someone who is lane splitting fast as hell can bitch at all about insurance not covering him or the cost of things or his precious bike etc lol. What he's doing is so much more dangerous than riding on the track. To each their own though.
dazo and sbk1198 like this.
capitalcrew is offline  
post #12 of 35 Old 03-06-2017, 02:21 PM
MotoGP Champion
 
Strider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,477

I Ride: 2009 ZX-6R
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazo View Post
Track Snob Vlogger gripes vs. reality

Gripe 1: proper gear - our track day provider allows for textile two piece suits and work type over the ankle boots for beginner group riders, I'm sure he can find that much gear.

Gripe 2: changing out fluids - again our track day provider is pretty mellow about this for beginner group and allows normal coolant

Gripe 3: Late/rain = no refund - If you can't be on time, that's on you. On top of that I've only been rained out once in 4 years of track riding and they gave everyone who stayed until it was called off a rain check for another track day.

Gripe 4: taping lights - how lazy is this guy?

Gripe 5: towing the bike - UHaul $15 a day rentals are easy and cheap

Gripe 6: no track nearby - says the moto vlogger from SoCal...lol

Gripe 7: tire life - at the pace I expect this guy will run, he won't notice any extra tire wear

Gripe 8: finances - if you can afford a newish sportbike, you can afford a track day here and there

Gripe 9: insurance - the best insurance at a track day is to ride responsibly and not crash, it can be done, and is done all the time!

This guy is just an excuse generating machine!

edit to add: on top of all of this BS, the track group I ride with TrackXperience even provides a free New Rider School to all beginner level riders, that's a lot of bang for the cheapskate motovlogger's dollar!

Also provided with the price of admission at a trackxperience event is a Saturday night potluck with really good food, and the occasional fireworks show at the same time!
1: Yep, our local track day organization (RideSmart) has a 50% off deal for first timers to a track day, and this includes the use of a set of leathers. They also allow 2 piece textile gear for the novice group. That means you can get a day for around $50 - $75 depending on which track the particular event is at.

2: Regular coolant allowed here as well.

3: They do ride rain or shine here. My first track day it poured for part of the day and sprinkled the rest of the day. We got wet, but it was still a blast, and we learned how to ride fast in less than ideal conditions.

4: Yes, it only takes about 20 minutes max.

5: Or even find somebody who is going as well and has an open spot on their trailer.

6: LOL

7: Yea, he isn't going to notice any difference in tire wear.

Also, for the novice group there is mandatory class time between each track session.

Winner - 6OTM - March 2014
2009 ZX-6R (65,695 miles and counting) | www.ZX6R.us | www.Seaton007.com

M4 GP Slip-on | ASV C5 Levers | Spiegler SS Brake Lines | SpeedoHealer V4
Custom FE | K&N Air Filter | Vortex Sprockets -1/+2 | EK MVXZ Chain
Strider is offline  
post #13 of 35 Old 03-06-2017, 03:55 PM
MotoGP Champion
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,179

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcrew View Post
I mean, personally, I find it hilarious that someone who is lane splitting fast as hell can bitch at all about insurance not covering him or the cost of things or his precious bike etc lol. What he's doing is so much more dangerous than riding on the track. To each their own though.
I know right?! But hey, if he rides like a dumbass and crashes, someone else would pick up the bill, not him...so it's all cool. Can't do that at the track I guess! You have to actually have to be responsible for your own shit. How 'bout dah??

Also when he refers to some track day guys as snobby because they say stuff like "hey dude, take it to the track and all that...", they say it usually in response to a video of a squid riding like an idiot. All they're saying is "if you want to ride like there's no law or cars and bystanders around, then go to the track". People don't just tell every law abiding citizen on a motorcycle to "take it to the track" in a snobby way for no reason.
Indy and capitalcrew like this.

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (race bike)
2009 ZX6R (race bike)
2015 R3 (project bike and future race bike)

Sponsors: Vortex Racing, MSM, MTR Cycle
sbk1198 is offline  
post #14 of 35 Old 03-06-2017, 04:23 PM
Pro Racer
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Albany NY
Posts: 698

I Ride: 2016 gsxr 750, 2007 zx6r
It's cool, I'd rather be snobby than dead haha. I haven't even BEEN to the track and I'd say the same thing.
capitalcrew is offline  
post #15 of 35 Old 03-06-2017, 05:07 PM
MotoGP Champion
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,179

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcrew View Post
It's cool, I'd rather be snobby than dead haha. I haven't even BEEN to the track and I'd say the same thing.
When I talk to people about it, especially newbies that have never been and they come up with various excuses, the one and only excuse that I deem acceptable is lack of money. That I totally get. Money doesn't grow in trees and not everyone can afford the costs of it. I do what I can to go as much as I can but even that's not nearly enough as I'd want to go, and it's because I can't afford to go more.

But all the other stuff is bs. Nobody's that busy that they can't free up a weekend every now and then. Distance?? Even if you have to drive like 6 hours to get to a track, it's doable. Many people do it all the time. Prep work before you get there and gear?? Well yeah! That's not even something that should be needed, that should be something that you WANT. Even if they allowed me to go on track in jeans and tennis shoes, I would never do it. If I'm on track, I WANT a full leather 1-piece suit, a good full 1-piece helmet, gauntlet gloves and a good pair of racing boots. I could care less what the requirements are, I would use that stuff regardless. And if I had more money to splurge on stuff I'd totally buy one of those new D-Air suits with the airbag system!

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (race bike)
2009 ZX6R (race bike)
2015 R3 (project bike and future race bike)

Sponsors: Vortex Racing, MSM, MTR Cycle
sbk1198 is offline  
Reply

  ZX6R Forum > ZX6R Forum > Racing

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Badger Tracking badgerninja Racing 147 04-17-2016 10:05 PM
Colorado Track Days Snazzy Central 0 04-20-2015 04:37 PM
Portimao 2014 euro track trip no limits stevenet15 Ride Reports 4 04-17-2014 03:26 PM
how do track days work shocker35 Racing 19 02-18-2014 06:55 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome