Blamed for a Crash - Page 2 - ZX6R Forum
 33Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 34 Old 10-13-2015, 08:38 PM
Track Star
 
Pcervant136R's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Northern Cali
Posts: 374

I Ride: 2013 kawasaki ZX636ED
Glad everyone agrees with what I told you His Fault for following to close not yours . Sucks tho No matter who went down.
Gawernator likes this.

2013 kawasaki zx6r Gutted MJS Header with SC-PROJECT GP M2 Slip-On, Pinebox Midpipe, Power commander V. Dynojet Auto Tune, BKMOTO Bixenon 5000k HIDs, Front & Back White Halo Angle Eyes, Red Demon Eyes, Led DRLs, Audi Style White Amber Switchback Leds, Stock smoked tail light, smoked front and rear blinkers.Ohlins SD021Damper,ASV C5 Levers. Core Moto SS Brake lines
Pcervant136R is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 34 Old 10-13-2015, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Champion
 
Gawernator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Hayward, CA
Posts: 1,906

I Ride: 2015 ZX-6R 636; 2009 250R; 1999 KX125
Garage
Yeah. Lucky him for not going into the river
Gawernator is offline  
post #18 of 34 Old 10-13-2015, 09:41 PM
MotoGP Champion
 
riverszzr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 4 months of frozen hell
Posts: 4,657

I Ride: 86,000+ mile '07 ZZR600
Rider #2 was following too close for his skill level.

The only real exception to it being entirely his fault and partially the leaders fault would be if you knowingly did something totally stupid to cause his crash, or if you knowingly lead a beginner at a speed he was not capable of but as often is the case, too many a young ego gets involved in following the leader and doing what they do---or not being able to do what they did............(as seems to be the case here)

And I say, entirely, as in not to absolve said follower of all responsibility, just a small portion of it.......... say 1% rider #1, 99% rider #2

As a leader you do need to know the skill level of the followers and it is a good idea to ride to the lowest common denominator...... or not ride with the ones you deem "too slow"

Stupid people say stupid things on the internet, so be wary of who those people are. If you solicit advice on the internet, just keep in mind 99% of what you'll receive is not based on fact or science-and likely atleast 95% of it is based on bullshit and bravado regurgitated from some other schlub who also did not experience any of what they claim and are also full of shit. If you don't like my bluntness- too bad. I am not here to please you, so move along, your approval is not desired nor is it needed. So before opening your pie hole and adding more stupidity, perhaps sit back, listen, absorb and learn something. You know that saying, it is better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!
riverszzr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #19 of 34 Old 10-14-2015, 05:57 AM
Superbike Champion
 
BrandonZX6r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Indy
Posts: 940

I Ride: 06 ZX6r 636
Garage
Sorry to hear this, it sucks that he is a little higher on the food chain as well. I have a hard time dealing with people who act this way. I am not a novice rider but mainly commute, I went twisty riding with Indy in southern Indiana. He led the way, when we would hit a straight I would give a good slow 3-4 count to let him take off and build a good distance between us. When he would slow for a turn and I was closing the gap quickly I would brake pretty hard to keep a good gap. I guess I was smart enough and well not good enough to hang on his tail. This all is summed up to lack of seat time , ego, and riding faster than his guardian angle could fly. Thank god he is not trying to go after you for damages, my guess is he knows the truth and is trying to convince himself more than others that it was not his fault. Just out of curiosity how old is this guy? Corndog67 reminds me of someone...!!!
Gawernator likes this.

Dude.....you're about to get roasted. You pour soul

Last edited by BrandonZX6r; 10-14-2015 at 05:59 AM.
BrandonZX6r is offline  
post #20 of 34 Old 10-14-2015, 06:40 AM
Track Star
 
Derrick0580's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Where ever your mom lives
Posts: 257
Exactly what everyone else is saying, it's the following driver/rider's responsibility to be paying attention to what is ahead of them. Not sure what rules are on a track about stopping, but on a public road had you came to a complete stop it still would have been his fault!
Gawernator likes this.
Derrick0580 is offline  
post #21 of 34 Old 10-14-2015, 06:40 AM
Team Green
 
VULGR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 208

I Ride: 2011 Hayabusa & 2003 ZX6RR
The fact that you are going on the forums seeking people to agree with you and that you were "second guessing" yourself and feeling guilty make me feel that you aren't telling the whole story or trying to tell it in a favorable way.
That being said, if he was behind you then it is totally his fault (even if you did brake extremely hard and 'park it' in the middle of a corner), he should have allowed more room incase he needed to take evasive action- which he needed to!
VULGR is offline  
post #22 of 34 Old 10-14-2015, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Champion
 
Gawernator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Hayward, CA
Posts: 1,906

I Ride: 2015 ZX-6R 636; 2009 250R; 1999 KX125
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VULGR View Post
The fact that you are going on the forums seeking people to agree with you and that you were "second guessing" yourself and feeling guilty make me feel that you aren't telling the whole story or trying to tell it in a favorable way.
That being said, if he was behind you then it is totally his fault (even if you did brake extremely hard and 'park it' in the middle of a corner), he should have allowed more room incase he needed to take evasive action- which he needed to!
There's nothing more than what I wrote. I didn't even know he had had crashed at first so I am even repeating what he told me.
Gawernator is offline  
post #23 of 34 Old 10-14-2015, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Champion
 
Gawernator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Hayward, CA
Posts: 1,906

I Ride: 2015 ZX-6R 636; 2009 250R; 1999 KX125
Garage
I'm definitely never riding with this person again.
Gawernator is offline  
post #24 of 34 Old 10-14-2015, 06:11 PM
ZX6r.com Supporting Member
Supporting Member
 
Indy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Indianapolis, In
Posts: 977
Garage
So you both are going to fast for conditions, the second rider blows the corner because you put a wrench in the works he was not expecting and could not deal with a small extra deviation to conditions. It's his fault.

Will ask you, how many people need to tell you. It's not your fault before you will actually accept the facts.

Suggest you take the tag line, "Never ride faster than you can stop" to heart.
Stop riding public roads like the are a closed course race track.
Next time the unexpected extra bit might just happen to you.

Do some track days, and let it all hang out.
Indy is offline  
post #25 of 34 Old 10-14-2015, 09:49 PM
World Superbike Racer
 
jerryg951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: menifee
Posts: 1,670

I Ride: 09 zx6r
I just skimmed the original post, but it someone ahead of you made you crash you where to fucking close. This is why if I ride close or attempt to with another rider I 100 percent know how they ride and can read them. If with a group I keep a real safe a distance. 100 percent rider #2 fault gotta leave room for error .
ZedExMuse and Gawernator like this.
jerryg951 is offline  
post #26 of 34 Old 10-15-2015, 06:51 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Champion
 
Gawernator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Hayward, CA
Posts: 1,906

I Ride: 2015 ZX-6R 636; 2009 250R; 1999 KX125
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
So you both are going to fast for conditions, the second rider blows the corner because you put a wrench in the works he was not expecting and could not deal with a small extra deviation to conditions. It's his fault.

Will ask you, how many people need to tell you. It's not your fault before you will actually accept the facts.

Suggest you take the tag line, "Never ride faster than you can stop" to heart.
Stop riding public roads like the are a closed course race track.
Next time the unexpected extra bit might just happen to you.

Do some track days, and let it all hang out.
There's a difference between spirited riding and track racing
Gawernator is offline  
post #27 of 34 Old 10-15-2015, 09:08 AM
Superbike Champion
 
BrandonZX6r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Indy
Posts: 940

I Ride: 06 ZX6r 636
Garage
I would love to see whose dick he would blame if he got his girlfriend / wife pregnant

Dude.....you're about to get roasted. You pour soul
BrandonZX6r is offline  
post #28 of 34 Old 10-15-2015, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Champion
 
Gawernator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Hayward, CA
Posts: 1,906

I Ride: 2015 ZX-6R 636; 2009 250R; 1999 KX125
Garage
lmao
Gawernator is offline  
post #29 of 34 Old 10-19-2015, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Champion
 
Gawernator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Hayward, CA
Posts: 1,906

I Ride: 2015 ZX-6R 636; 2009 250R; 1999 KX125
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonZX6r View Post
Sorry to hear this, it sucks that he is a little higher on the food chain as well. I have a hard time dealing with people who act this way. I am not a novice rider but mainly commute, I went twisty riding with Indy in southern Indiana. He led the way, when we would hit a straight I would give a good slow 3-4 count to let him take off and build a good distance between us. When he would slow for a turn and I was closing the gap quickly I would brake pretty hard to keep a good gap. I guess I was smart enough and well not good enough to hang on his tail. This all is summed up to lack of seat time , ego, and riding faster than his guardian angle could fly. Thank god he is not trying to go after you for damages, my guess is he knows the truth and is trying to convince himself more than others that it was not his fault. Just out of curiosity how old is this guy? Corndog67 reminds me of someone...!!!
He's like 30-32 btw. Grown ass man (pussy)

I'm 22 for reference.
Gawernator is offline  
post #30 of 34 Old 01-16-2016, 10:56 PM
Superbike Champion
 
ZedExMuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,068

I Ride: 2015 30th anniversary ZX-6R
Being correct in this case makes you not a man, it just means you are fortunate.

But the the case at hand, as told by you here, and if truthful, he was riding over his head and was not in control of himself, or his track position. I wonder why he just didn't pass you. Going in/coming out of a corner is my preferred place on track to pass.

One caveat is if you are less than truthful here, and you brake checked him in the turn (esp. if you knew he was a novice.) Even with that said, rider #2 still didn't have sufficient control of his bike.

Experienced riders have witness this phenomena time after time where a trailing rider is not looking up towards the horizon, but is rather looking 6-12 feet ahead of their front tire and becomes target fixated. They then have great difficulty judging closing speed, and wind up tucking the front, or blowing wide to the outside of a curve.
ZedExMuse is offline  
Reply

  ZX6R Forum > ZX6R Forum > Ride Reports

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Off the side of the mountain I go! Totaled again >.> fluidityt The ZX6R 281 06-03-2015 11:03 AM
Motorcycle Leap Frog Crash and Reverse motorcycle burnout crash trev0006 Motorcycle Talk 12 10-15-2012 08:09 AM
Motorcycle going around corner too fast crash trev0006 Motorcycle Talk 48 06-04-2012 05:16 AM
Crash video thread dlj3499af Videos 1 03-05-2011 12:31 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome