Can any one help?? - ZX6R Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ey3l45h
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 09-04-2016, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: northampton
Posts: 1
Can any one help??

Hi guys can anyone help me out ive broke a bit of my nose cone just where the offside mirror attaches was hoping someone may have or no of where i could get a damaged one and cut it off and repair? Willing to pay i dont want to have to buy a new one and go all through painting and decals can anyone help please bike is a j1 j2 zx6
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160904_173831.jpg (4.00 MB, 50 views)
xslipperydog is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 Old 11-02-2016, 03:07 AM
Squid
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 73

I Ride: ZX6R G1
Have you considered a glass fibre kit, you can pickup at Halfrauds (repair on the inside of the fairing)?
Infact the kit contains plenty of fibre matting / hardener etc, there's enough there to do a handful of repairs.

I did a small patch on the inside of my upper fairing, where its previously got cracked on one edge.
A quick spray over the repaired section with a Black rattle can (on the inside), and with the fairing back on the bike, you wouldn't even notice it.

The other (more expensive) option, as you suggest, IS to pickup a replacement fairing. Probably EBay.
Faceless is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old 11-02-2016, 01:52 PM
World Superbike Racer
 
scoot33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: near bristol ,uk
Posts: 1,234

I Ride: zx6 j2
i cracked mine in the same place but wasnt as bad as yours,,as faceless said above ebay could be an option but waiting for the right time when a yellow one is on the market,,you might be able to take it in to a body shop and see if they can repair it as they use allot of plastic repair kits now as most bumpers are plastic,it might hold ok as the screen helps pin it in place and the mirror bracket

zx6r j2 mods done ,,
+4 ignition advancer ,k&n filter ,factory pro ti jet n needle kit ,14 t front sprocket ,zx6r 04 headers ,r1 2008 de-cat with dual carbon cans ,zx6r 07 clocks ,zx636 a1p clock /screen mount ,shorty titax levers ,r1 2008 rear end and subframe,hel braided lines ,zx6r 06 swingarm,zx6r 06 rear shock,zx6r 06 forks with maxton internals,zx12r 320mm front discs ,r1 06 calipers ,r6 06 m/c
scoot33 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 9 Old 11-02-2016, 01:59 PM
World Superbike Racer
 
scoot33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: near bristol ,uk
Posts: 1,234

I Ride: zx6 j2
kawasaki zx6r 2000 2001 j1 j2 part bodykit | eBay

zx6r j2 mods done ,,
+4 ignition advancer ,k&n filter ,factory pro ti jet n needle kit ,14 t front sprocket ,zx6r 04 headers ,r1 2008 de-cat with dual carbon cans ,zx6r 07 clocks ,zx636 a1p clock /screen mount ,shorty titax levers ,r1 2008 rear end and subframe,hel braided lines ,zx6r 06 swingarm,zx6r 06 rear shock,zx6r 06 forks with maxton internals,zx12r 320mm front discs ,r1 06 calipers ,r6 06 m/c
scoot33 is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old 11-02-2016, 02:10 PM
Team Green
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceless View Post
Have you considered a glass fibre kit, you can pickup at Halfrauds (repair on the inside of the fairing)?
Infact the kit contains plenty of fibre matting / hardener etc, there's enough there to do a handful of repairs.

I did a small patch on the inside of my upper fairing, where its previously got cracked on one edge.
A quick spray over the repaired section with a Black rattle can (on the inside), and with the fairing back on the bike, you wouldn't even notice it.

The other (more expensive) option, as you suggest, IS to pickup a replacement fairing. Probably EBay.
This is what I would do, if I still had the piece that broke off. Failing that, I'd just find a replacement on ebay.
MR2Aaron is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 11-02-2016, 02:20 PM
World Superbike Racer
 
scoot33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: near bristol ,uk
Posts: 1,234

I Ride: zx6 j2
might be worth a pm to see if they will sell separate,its been on there a while

zx6r j2 mods done ,,
+4 ignition advancer ,k&n filter ,factory pro ti jet n needle kit ,14 t front sprocket ,zx6r 04 headers ,r1 2008 de-cat with dual carbon cans ,zx6r 07 clocks ,zx636 a1p clock /screen mount ,shorty titax levers ,r1 2008 rear end and subframe,hel braided lines ,zx6r 06 swingarm,zx6r 06 rear shock,zx6r 06 forks with maxton internals,zx12r 320mm front discs ,r1 06 calipers ,r6 06 m/c
scoot33 is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old 11-07-2016, 06:24 AM
Squid
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 73

I Ride: ZX6R G1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot33 View Post
might be worth a pm to see if they will sell separate,its been on there a while
What do you think about ordering Bike Parts off EBay? If the seller is a breaker (corrupt - although you'd never know), could it be giving them valuable information on the bike you ride plus the address where they MIGHT find said bike? When you buy a bike part from them and they post it to your address.

There's a few bits I'm interested in, but i'm hesitant due to the above! Paranoid I know!
(I know mine isn't a shiny new race spec Racing bike, worth stealing, but just saying).
Faceless is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old 11-07-2016, 06:39 AM
ZX6r.com Supporting Member
Supporting Member
 
Ey3l45h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Usa
Posts: 7,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceless View Post
What do you think about ordering Bike Parts off EBay? If the seller is a breaker (corrupt - although you'd never know), could it be giving them valuable information on the bike you ride plus the address where they MIGHT find said bike? When you buy a bike part from them and they post it to your address.

There's a few bits I'm interested in, but i'm hesitant due to the above! Paranoid I know!
(I know mine isn't a shiny new race spec Racing bike, worth stealing, but just saying).
Put the bong down bruh. Ain't nobody got time to post parts on fleabay hoping someone near by will disclose the location of their motorcycle by ordering a part.

Ey3
Faceless likes this.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'

The only time a leader should use the word "I" is in the sentence "I have to shit"

'In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.' ~Some dude named Friedrich

'Never trust authority implicitly. People are fucking scumbags.' AvE
Ey3l45h is online now  
post #9 of 9 Old 11-07-2016, 07:10 AM
Squid
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 73

I Ride: ZX6R G1
LOL! Great response. I feel this problem runs deeper though (personality trait).
Plus for the record drugs don't come into it (not my style). But funny.

Might as well go to town now (buying Parts)... the other half is likely to have the divorce papers on the kitchen table by the time I arrive home later today, once she checks the bank account.
Faceless is offline  
Reply

  ZX6R Forum > Regions > United Kingdom

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome