I am a newbie to SS bikes in general, I am about to purchase my first SS bike and would like to know if anyone has advice regarding things I should be aware when purchasing a bike, even things that maybe obvious to you, but not to a newbie such as myself.
Here are some questions that come to mind:
1. What is the most important mod to make to a bike first
2. Are the stock tires fine or should they be changed out or negotiated for a better pair?
3. What are the known pitfalls when buying a bike from a dealer, is it the same as a car dealer?
Any and all advice is greatly welcomed, as I am excited about my first bike, but nervous in the sense that I am stepping into the unknown...
Its good to have ya here.
1. GEAR! Protect yourself at all times on that bike.
After you get the "feel" of your new bike, you can start the mods.
2. If it is a new bike, the rubber will be fine. Use em up and save your cash.
3. Just know that if you are getting a new bike from the dealer, it will have
what I call "curb value". When you pass the curb, half the value is gone.
As a new bike (ss) owner, I would highly recommend a used bike.
The price will be a lot less, most of the time the "basic" mods are done and hopefully all the bugs (if any) are worked out.
Or it is the reason they are selling it. LOL
Gear, buy used and welcome out.