ZX6R.com

Radiator Flush?

This is a discussion on Radiator Flush? within the The ZX6R forums, part of the ZX6R Forum category; I hate to ask this but... I've never done a radiator flush on a bike. I'm currently doing one on my 03 636. I've got ...

Go Back   ZX6R Forum > ZX6R Forum > The ZX6R

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 12-15-2009, 11:06 AM   #1
Squid
 
Joined: Feb 2009
From: Kent OH

Posts: 81

I Ride: 600RR for sale
Radiator Flush?

I hate to ask this but... I've never done a radiator flush on a bike. I'm currently doing one on my 03 636. I've got both fairings off now do I pull the hose off the water pump?
Monstrosity is offline  
Remove Ads

Welcome to the largest Kawasaki ZX6R Forum for the Kawasaki ZX6R, ZX6RR, 636, and ZX6.

We welcome everyone and the community is free to join so register today and become part of the Kawasaki ZX6R Forum family!

Old 12-15-2009, 11:53 AM   #2
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtrs
 
kahearn's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Chattanooga, TN, USA

Posts: 2,765

I Ride: 2001 zx6r, 2006 SV650
there is a drain bolt at the bottom of the water pump. check your manual for the details, it's in the file vault
kahearn is offline  
Old 12-15-2009, 03:33 PM   #3
Squid
 
Joined: Feb 2009
From: Kent OH

Posts: 81

I Ride: 600RR for sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahearn View Post
there is a drain bolt at the bottom of the water pump. check your manual for the details, it's in the file vault
Wish I had one... Waiting on it to get here. I saw a bolt on top of the water neck but not seeing anything on the bottom.
Monstrosity is offline  
Old 12-15-2009, 03:44 PM   #4
World Superbike Champion
 
Mentok's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
From: London

Posts: 1,814

I Ride: 750 SRAD (yeah, laugh it up)
dude, hit the link. Click on the word that is underlined in Kyle's post

drain bolt on the water pump and undo bottom rad hose for super fast results
Mentok is offline  
Old 12-15-2009, 03:58 PM   #5
MotoGP Champion
 
ZoomSplat's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
From: Morgan Hill, CA, USA

Posts: 2,586

I Ride: Cafe Racer, Commuter, a Dirty one, and a Land Speed Racer.
top right corner of your screen it says File Vault, click it, download the manual for your bike, save $35.

instead of disturbing the seal on the upper radiator hose, just open the cap. Beware though, the stuff dribbles out real slow until you open the cap, but as soon as you do it shoots like three feet out from the side of the bike. I hozed down my neighbors el camino pretty good the first time I did it, had the bike parked in its usual place between the her car and my truck.
ZoomSplat is offline  
Old 12-15-2009, 07:33 PM   #6
Squid
 
Joined: Feb 2009
From: Kent OH

Posts: 81

I Ride: 600RR for sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahearn View Post
there is a drain bolt at the bottom of the water pump. check your manual for the details, it's in the file vault
Ah, yes! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentok View Post
dude, hit the link. Click on the word that is underlined in Kyle's post

drain bolt on the water pump and undo bottom rad hose for super fast results
Gotcha, great link! Definitly a must have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoomSplat View Post
top right corner of your screen it says File Vault, click it, download the manual for your bike, save $35.

instead of disturbing the seal on the upper radiator hose, just open the cap. Beware though, the stuff dribbles out real slow until you open the cap, but as soon as you do it shoots like three feet out from the side of the bike. I hozed down my neighbors el camino pretty good the first time I did it, had the bike parked in its usual place between the her car and my truck.
El camino's are overrated! My Boss had one that ran in the 8's. Only one I ever liked but thats because of the blower hanging out of the hood and all the goodies that went with it!
Monstrosity is offline  
Old 12-16-2009, 11:09 PM   #7
MotoGP Champion
 
AZ Ninja's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
From: Phoenix, AZ

Posts: 2,853

I Ride: 08 Zx6R
i love el camino's......
AZ Ninja is offline  
Old 12-17-2009, 08:51 AM   #8
Squid
 
Joined: Feb 2009
From: Kent OH

Posts: 81

I Ride: 600RR for sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Ninja View Post
i love el camino's......
I love muscle cars dont get me wrong, but those things are just plain fugly!
Monstrosity is offline  
Old 12-17-2009, 11:19 AM   #9
World Superbike Champion
 
Mentok's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
From: London

Posts: 1,814

I Ride: 750 SRAD (yeah, laugh it up)
some of those el caminos look suspiciously like the old kingswoods


Mentok is offline  
Old 12-17-2009, 12:21 PM   #10
Squid
 
Joined: Feb 2009
From: Kent OH

Posts: 81

I Ride: 600RR for sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentok View Post
some of those el caminos look suspiciously like the old kingswoods


The blue yes, the gold maybe.
Monstrosity is offline  
Old 12-17-2009, 02:09 PM   #11
World Superbike Champion
 
Mentok's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
From: London

Posts: 1,814

I Ride: 750 SRAD (yeah, laugh it up)
orright, how about this old brick? (sorry about the hijack)
Mentok is offline  
Old 12-17-2009, 05:08 PM   #12
Squid
 
Joined: Feb 2009
From: Kent OH

Posts: 81

I Ride: 600RR for sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentok View Post
orright, how about this old brick? (sorry about the hijack)
not bad either
Monstrosity is offline  
Old 12-17-2009, 06:11 PM   #13
MotoGP Champion
 
AZ Ninja's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
From: Phoenix, AZ

Posts: 2,853

I Ride: 08 Zx6R
everyone has got cars that they love and hate, i just happen to love el camino's. i don't know what it is about them that i love so much, maybe because they were just such a raddical concept. a car with a pickup bed AND it was done on purpose... you crazy bastards, I LOVE IT.
AZ Ninja is offline  
Reply

  ZX6R Forum > ZX6R Forum > The ZX6R


Search tags for this page
02 zx6r how to flush radiator
,

06 zx6r coolant flush

,

2001 zx6r draining coolant

,

2006 636 ninja radiator flush

,

2007 zx6r coolant capacity

,

coolant capacity 2001 zx6r

,

hk ute for sale

,

how do i clean radiator on zx6r

,
how often do i do a radior flush on a 2006 ninja 636
,
how to flush radiator on 03 kawasaki zx636
,
ht holdn ute for sale
,

zx6r coolant flush

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes