07-06-2012, 09:15 AM
ZX6r.com Supporting Member
Joined: Apr 2012
From: Two Broddaaas Land!!!
I Ride: Two Brothers! & Two Brodas!
Originally Posted by MOTOcityride
i put W/W and distilled water in my system after doing a complete flush. i rode the bike this morning and it was actally kinda chilly. bike temp still reached 220?? why is it still running hot?
normally temp only reaches 180-190 during my morning ride to work. i want to switch to 50/50 prestone but im not sure if that will fix my overheating problem
Do a flush mate,
1. Drain all the coolant (from all different drain holes)
2. Flush the system with distilled water
3. Refill with fresh coolant.
4. Run the bike with the radiator cap off and tap all hoses to free trapped air, (you should see some of the coolant bubble by the radiator filler neck (where the cap is)
5. And wallah! bike should run nicely.
If not....and this is where i had a problem, Pull your thermostat out and check if its operating under the right temps (i.e. opening and closing)