Schnitz Racing ECU Flash! - ZX6R Forum
 25Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 Old 04-26-2015, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
MotoGP Champion
 
jd41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Monterey, California
Posts: 2,743

I Ride: 2014 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Garage
Schnitz Racing ECU Flash!

I just wanted to post a quick positive review regarding my 2013 zx6r's ECU flash. THIS IS FOR A TRACK BIKE! I was hesitant to send in the ECU to Schnitz Racing due to other posts negative reviews because of the 75 dollar price. So I called Schnitz and they answered all of my questions regarding what modifications are exactly made and if there were any customizations they can accommodate me with, such as removal of the EVAP PAIR and exhaust servo codes. They use the woolich ECU flash software. I sent it and within 1 week the ECU was back and installed in my bike and I have to say that they did a great job. I like their philosophy too, they take off the ECU restrictions and leave the fueling changes up to you with a secondary unit such as a power commander or bazzaz FI which can easily be done locally.

This is report they sent back to me
- Increased rev limited: 16,000 (+500rpm over stock)
- Top Speed Restriction Removed
- Secondary Throttle Blades Open More Aggressively
- Revised Ignition Tables to gain power from 10,000RPM +
- Reduced Engine Braking
- Radiator fan comes on at 195*
- EVAP FI Disabled
- Exhaust Servo Disabled
- PAIR Valve FI Disabled

Last edited by jd41; 04-27-2015 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Non-Supporting Vendor PM NickJ for Details
jd41 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 35 Old 04-27-2015, 08:43 AM
ZX6r.com Supporting Member
 
Derek1387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: KC, MO
Posts: 102

I Ride: 2013 ZX6r
awesome price...definitely going to look at this when i get my bike
Derek1387 is offline  
post #3 of 35 Old 04-29-2015, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
MotoGP Champion
 
jd41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Monterey, California
Posts: 2,743

I Ride: 2014 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Garage
Just as an update I noticed that the bike runs significantly cooler. Previously average temp was around 170 to 190 and now average temp 150 to 160. Noticeably smother in corner entry due to decreased engine braking. Definitely worth the 75 $, I mean that's only 15 more that a servo buddy and it does much more!
MrRumble likes this.
jd41 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 35 Old 11-10-2016, 04:17 PM
Team Green
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: San Diego
Posts: 135

I Ride: 2013 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd41 View Post
Just as an update I noticed that the bike runs significantly cooler. Previously average temp was around 170 to 190 and now average temp 150 to 160. Noticeably smother in corner entry due to decreased engine braking. Definitely worth the 75 $, I mean that's only 15 more that a servo buddy and it does much more!
You emphasized Track bike in your review, do you think the decreased engine braking etc would be good for street riding as well? or is it not recommended

I now have an extra ECU im thinking of getting flashed just because. $75 is a great price to try it out.

2013 Black ZX6R w/ABS

2011 Triumph Street Triple R (SOLD)
chomorro is offline  
post #5 of 35 Old 11-10-2016, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
MotoGP Champion
 
jd41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Monterey, California
Posts: 2,743

I Ride: 2014 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chomorro View Post
You emphasized Track bike in your review, do you think the decreased engine braking etc would be good for street riding as well? or is it not recommended

I now have an extra ECU im thinking of getting flashed just because. $75 is a great price to try it out.
It wouldn't make a noticeable difference. The only advantage would be a cooler running engine (fan on at 194f*) and no need for servo buddy without the servo if you select that option.
chomorro likes this.

Martillo y Mantequilla #99
jd41 is offline  
post #6 of 35 Old 11-10-2016, 05:26 PM
Superbike Champion
 
Felixthecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Salinas, CA
Posts: 1,078

I Ride: 2012 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd41 View Post
I just wanted to post a quick positive review regarding my 2013 zx6r's ECU flash. THIS IS FOR A TRACK BIKE! I was hesitant to send in the ECU to Schnitz Racing due to other posts negative reviews because of the 75 dollar price. So I called Schnitz and they answered all of my questions regarding what modifications are exactly made and if there were any customizations they can accommodate me with, such as removal of the EVAP PAIR and exhaust servo codes. They use the woolich ECU flash software. I sent it and within 1 week the ECU was back and installed in my bike and I have to say that they did a great job. I like their philosophy too, they take off the ECU restrictions and leave the fueling changes up to you with a secondary unit such as a power commander or bazzaz FI which can easily be done locally.

This is report they sent back to me
- Increased rev limited: 16,000 (+500rpm over stock)
- Top Speed Restriction Removed
- Secondary Throttle Blades Open More Aggressively
- Revised Ignition Tables to gain power from 10,000RPM +
- Reduced Engine Braking
- Radiator fan comes on at 195*
- EVAP FI Disabled
- Exhaust Servo Disabled
- PAIR Valve FI Disabled
Thanks for this review been wondering about it and I'll definitely do it soon! I wanna buy new tires first after my last trackday in December! Will be switching to Dunlop and now this upgrade too!

2012 Ninja ZX6R
Ohlins TTX MKII Rear Shock - Ohlins Steering Dampener - Yoshimura Carbon Fiber R77 Full System - Power Commander 5 tuned to 121rwhp - Schnitz ECU Flash - Zero Gravity Corsa Windscreen - Vortex Clip Ons - Core Moto SS Brakelines - Armour Bodies Track Fairings - Motion Pro Quick Turn Throttle - Woodcraft Case Savers LHS, RHS, Timing Cover - Driven Block Off Plates - Driven Gas Cap - Driven Sprockets and Sprocket Nuts - Servo Buddy - Ballistic 8-Cell Li Battery - SpeedoDRD

2007 ZX6R( Deceased 3/1/16 @ Laguna Seca )
Felixthecat is offline  
post #7 of 35 Old 11-10-2016, 05:27 PM
MotoGP Champion
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,377

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Shit, that's cheap! I paid like $250 to do that on my last bike after I got a slip-on exhaust!

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (race bike)
2009 ZX6R (race bike)
2015 R3 (project bike and future race bike)

Sponsors: Vortex Racing, MSM, MTR Cycle

April 2016 and April 2017 6OTM winner!
sbk1198 is offline  
post #8 of 35 Old 11-10-2016, 05:28 PM
Team Green
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: San Diego
Posts: 135

I Ride: 2013 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1198 View Post
Shit, that's cheap! I paid like $250 to do that on my last bike after I got a slip-on exhaust!
Well it's deceiving. For exhaust change map it's actually $200. $75 is just a basic flash no fuel adjustment I think.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

2013 Black ZX6R w/ABS

2011 Triumph Street Triple R (SOLD)
chomorro is offline  
post #9 of 35 Old 11-10-2016, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
MotoGP Champion
 
jd41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Monterey, California
Posts: 2,743

I Ride: 2014 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chomorro View Post
Well it's deceiving. For exhaust change map it's actually $200. $75 is just a basic flash no fuel adjustment I think.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
The fuel and ignition timing maps are adjusted with the 75$ but only to compensate the change https://store.schnitzracing.com/ecu-...s-and-answers/. So if you have a fuel controller and send the ECU for a flash there is no need to retune at a dyno.

A dedicated exhaust map flash would be extra but they really do recommend taking care of it with dyno tuning and fuel controller. They know what they're doing. The fuel flash is more of a service offered from demand.
Gawernator, sbk1198 and chomorro like this.

Martillo y Mantequilla #99
jd41 is offline  
post #10 of 35 Old 12-01-2016, 04:35 PM
Superbike Champion
 
Felixthecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Salinas, CA
Posts: 1,078

I Ride: 2012 ZX6R
Just got back my Ecu from Schnitz racing. Going to install it today and will get a chance to test it out on the 11th on my track bike. Just thought I'd say they are fast and do quick work! Shipped it out Friday after thanksgiving(11/25) and received it today (12/1) that's less than a week and it was a holiday weekend! Just got the basic one nothing special mainly did it to get the fan to kick on earlier and didn't feel like installing switches or any of that so it worked for me! The one downside I didn't like was that you pay shipping to get it there and then pay so they can ship it back. Besides that everything was okay!



Gawernator likes this.

2012 Ninja ZX6R
Ohlins TTX MKII Rear Shock - Ohlins Steering Dampener - Yoshimura Carbon Fiber R77 Full System - Power Commander 5 tuned to 121rwhp - Schnitz ECU Flash - Zero Gravity Corsa Windscreen - Vortex Clip Ons - Core Moto SS Brakelines - Armour Bodies Track Fairings - Motion Pro Quick Turn Throttle - Woodcraft Case Savers LHS, RHS, Timing Cover - Driven Block Off Plates - Driven Gas Cap - Driven Sprockets and Sprocket Nuts - Servo Buddy - Ballistic 8-Cell Li Battery - SpeedoDRD

2007 ZX6R( Deceased 3/1/16 @ Laguna Seca )
Felixthecat is offline  
post #11 of 35 Old 12-01-2016, 04:37 PM
Team Green
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: San Diego
Posts: 135

I Ride: 2013 636
Post up your impressions! I still have my extra one for sale in the classifieds but if it doesn't sell I might do it just to try it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

2013 Black ZX6R w/ABS

2011 Triumph Street Triple R (SOLD)
chomorro is offline  
post #12 of 35 Old 12-01-2016, 04:44 PM
Track Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 411

I Ride: '12 zx6r track bike
I wonder how it is possible to reduce engine braking with a flash tune when the clutch controls that aspect of the bike ...? It has to do with clutch pack thickness and such.
Duc995 is offline  
post #13 of 35 Old 12-01-2016, 04:51 PM
Squid
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: FL
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc995 View Post
I wonder how it is possible to reduce engine braking with a flash tune when the clutch controls that aspect of the bike ...? It has to do with clutch pack thickness and such.
Idle rpm setting and stp position will help as well.
Gawernator likes this.

2011 Ebony ZX10R-----fast
2013 Kawi Green ZX6R---nimble
RealPSI is offline  
post #14 of 35 Old 12-01-2016, 05:01 PM
Superbike Champion
 
Felixthecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Salinas, CA
Posts: 1,078

I Ride: 2012 ZX6R
I would take a shot in the dark and say that it might be with how the valves close when the throttle closes and how sharply it is done. Since it's a track only thing they probably assume when you close the throttle you will be on the brakes??

2012 Ninja ZX6R
Ohlins TTX MKII Rear Shock - Ohlins Steering Dampener - Yoshimura Carbon Fiber R77 Full System - Power Commander 5 tuned to 121rwhp - Schnitz ECU Flash - Zero Gravity Corsa Windscreen - Vortex Clip Ons - Core Moto SS Brakelines - Armour Bodies Track Fairings - Motion Pro Quick Turn Throttle - Woodcraft Case Savers LHS, RHS, Timing Cover - Driven Block Off Plates - Driven Gas Cap - Driven Sprockets and Sprocket Nuts - Servo Buddy - Ballistic 8-Cell Li Battery - SpeedoDRD

2007 ZX6R( Deceased 3/1/16 @ Laguna Seca )
Felixthecat is offline  
post #15 of 35 Old 12-01-2016, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
MotoGP Champion
 
jd41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Monterey, California
Posts: 2,743

I Ride: 2014 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc995 View Post
I wonder how it is possible to reduce engine braking with a flash tune when the clutch controls that aspect of the bike ...? It has to do with clutch pack thickness and such.
Fuel injector deceleration cut is disabled to reduce engine braking.
Felixthecat and Gawernator like this.

Martillo y Mantequilla #99
jd41 is offline  
Reply

  ZX6R Forum > ZX6R Forum > The ZX6R

Tags
ecu , flash , schnitz

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to begin racing motorcycles PainfullySlo The ZX6R 91 03-20-2017 02:52 PM
Schnitz ECU re flash? 13+ razorzedge The ZX6R 11 07-22-2016 08:28 PM
Noobie Question - ECU flash Xromarx The ZX6R 6 11-10-2015 09:32 AM
Schnitz Racing ECU Flash Texas636 The ZX6R 4 08-25-2015 09:09 PM
13+ ZX6R DIY ECU flash info halcyon026 Mechanical and Technical 0 04-28-2015 10:30 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome