1) choice between natural color or black titanium hardware
Yes to both! Subjective as all hell but both are great in my eyes.
2) not only choose lever color but be able to choose different colors for the top and bottom part of the lever so as an example you could theoretically have a black top, gold lever, and green adjuster.
Options are always nice. I've always been a sucker for flat black/ gun metal with red and green accents.
3) optional 'grip strip' which at this point would likely be done after anodizing so it would be natural color like in my original pictures.
I think you made the right decision with the grip strip being optional, especially with the amount of people that voiced their concern when thread was started. I personally will be picking up a set with the strip
4) mix/match long or short levers (like I do now on my regular levers)
Great! Another great idea in my eyes. I tend to like long break levers but short clutch levers.
5) custom laser engraving on the lever face. Not sure how this would work out with the optional grip strip, I may have to make them mutually exclusive.
Not sure what would be engraved. I'm fine being a slogan whore with a MSM engrave. Maybe just Mad Scientist or something like that.
Overall its great to see this moving along. I was just thinking last week what the status of these were. Looking forward to picking up a set bud!