Stock exhaust with link pipe - Page 3 - ZX6R Forum
 28Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 62 Old 02-09-2017, 08:16 AM
Track Star
 
markgbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 411

I Ride: 2013 zx-6r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie0 View Post
I went black widow, cheap and good quality. I have no issues at all with it. Didn't like the heat shield anyway so was happy to remove it.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i have a black widow link pipe on my watchlist on ebay... I'm keeping the factory muffler, so i'm just debating if it's worth it to replace the premuffler with the link pipe or not. Why did you decide to to go with a link pipe versus just keeping the stock premuffler?

2013 ZX-6R - Pearl Flat Stardust White
Puig windscreen
markgbe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 62 Old 02-09-2017, 08:22 AM
Team Green
 
Andie0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Kent, uk
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by markgbe View Post
i have a black widow link pipe on my watchlist on ebay... I'm keeping the factory muffler, so i'm just debating if it's worth it to replace the premuffler with the link pipe or not. Why did you decide to to go with a link pipe versus just keeping the stock premuffler?


The only reason I wanted it gone is because it weighed so much. Is a very heavy unit for what it is. I was literally just loosing unnecessary weight that's all.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andie0 is offline  
post #33 of 62 Old 02-09-2017, 08:26 AM
World Superbike Champion
 
jd41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Monterey, California
Posts: 2,411

I Ride: 2014 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by markgbe View Post
i have a black widow link pipe on my watchlist on ebay... I'm keeping the factory muffler, so i'm just debating if it's worth it to replace the premuffler with the link pipe or not. Why did you decide to to go with a link pipe versus just keeping the stock premuffler?
I ordered from the Black Widow Website, it was a bit cheaper. The only reason I want the link pipe (which I will be using with the stock exhaust) is to have unobstructed access to the rear shock height and rebound adjustment. Another benefit is the weight loss.
Duc995 and markgbe like this.

Martillo y Mantequilla #99
jd41 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34 of 62 Old 02-09-2017, 08:29 AM
Track Star
 
markgbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 411

I Ride: 2013 zx-6r
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd41 View Post
I ordered from the Black Widow Website, it was a bit cheaper. The only reason I want the link pipe (which I will be using with the stock exhaust) is to have unobstructed access to the rear shock height and rebound adjustment. Another benefit is the weight loss.
yep this is exactly what i am looking for as well, easier to keep things clean in that area as well without the premuffler. Let me know how it goes. Curious to know how much louder it is vs stock with premuffler. Also curious to know if there is any low end torque loss or anything(not likely i know).

2013 ZX-6R - Pearl Flat Stardust White
Puig windscreen

Last edited by markgbe; 02-09-2017 at 08:32 AM.
markgbe is offline  
post #35 of 62 Old 02-09-2017, 08:33 AM
Team Green
 
Andie0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Kent, uk
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by markgbe View Post
yep this is exactly what i am looking for as well. Let me know how it goes. Curious to know how much louder it is vs stock with premuffler. Also curious to know if there is any low end torque loss or anything(not likely i know).


Honestly wasn't a single bit of difference when I took mine off. There may have been on a dyno but feeling wise and sound not a single difference. But everyone's bikes are slightly different so you never no.
How many times did I use the word different....wow


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
markgbe likes this.
Andie0 is offline  
post #36 of 62 Old 02-09-2017, 08:35 AM
Track Star
 
markgbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 411

I Ride: 2013 zx-6r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie0 View Post
Honestly wasn't a single bit of difference when I took mine off. There may have been on a dyno but feeling wise and sound not a single difference. But everyone's bikes are slightly different so you never no.
How many times did I use the word different....wow


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
maybe you're just trying to be a bit different.

2013 ZX-6R - Pearl Flat Stardust White
Puig windscreen
markgbe is offline  
post #37 of 62 Old 02-09-2017, 08:39 AM
Team Green
 
Andie0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Kent, uk
Posts: 175
One thing I will say is they've banged the price of it up from when I bought it . I paid £45 for mine. Must be getting more popular.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andie0 is offline  
post #38 of 62 Old 02-09-2017, 08:50 AM
Track Star
 
markgbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 411

I Ride: 2013 zx-6r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie0 View Post
One thing I will say is they've banged the price of it up from when I bought it . I paid £45 for mine. Must be getting more popular.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
supply and demand i guess, riding season is upon us.
Andie0 likes this.

2013 ZX-6R - Pearl Flat Stardust White
Puig windscreen
markgbe is offline  
post #39 of 62 Old 02-09-2017, 08:57 AM
Team Green
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: San Diego
Posts: 130

I Ride: 2013 636
Mine actually made my bike run better and better throttle response. I took it n and off a few times to make sure it wasn't in my head. Definitely better throttle response with the link pipe. This is on a yosh rs4 though. quiet and probably restrictive exhaust.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
markgbe likes this.

2013 Black ZX6R w/ABS

2011 Triumph Street Triple R (SOLD)
chomorro is offline  
post #40 of 62 Old 02-09-2017, 09:33 AM
Team Green
 
Andie0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Kent, uk
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by chomorro View Post
Mine actually made my bike run better and better throttle response. I took it n and off a few times to make sure it wasn't in my head. Definitely better throttle response with the link pipe. This is on a yosh rs4 though. quiet and probably restrictive exhaust.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk


It would be cool to have some dyno evidence to see what actually happens when you remove the pre muffler.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chomorro likes this.
Andie0 is offline  
post #41 of 62 Old 02-09-2017, 09:36 PM
World Superbike Champion
 
jd41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Monterey, California
Posts: 2,411

I Ride: 2014 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Garage
I got a confirmation and it should get here next week from England. I am looking forward to not having to remove the rear tire > exhaust and pre-chamber just to get to the shock/ linkage.

I'm thinking of painting it flat back with high temp paint once it gets here.

Martillo y Mantequilla #99
jd41 is online now  
post #42 of 62 Old 02-09-2017, 11:42 PM
World Superbike Racer
 
Sanctuary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Posts: 1,317

I Ride: 2013 ZX6R, 2013 Triumph Street Triple, 2017 Triumph Street Triple RS (on order)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie0 View Post
Honestly wasn't a single bit of difference when I took mine off. There may have been on a dyno but feeling wise and sound not a single difference. But everyone's bikes are slightly different so you never no.
How many times did I use the word different....wow
Andie0 likes this.

A play on words, or words on play
Last chapter, verse in the final act
Words well scripted, each sentence choking
Inaudible gag, blanket which suffocates
As you eat another's words
Malnourished, you starve.
Sanctuary is online now  
post #43 of 62 Old 02-13-2017, 09:58 AM
World Superbike Champion
 
jd41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Monterey, California
Posts: 2,411

I Ride: 2014 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Garage
Black Widow offered excellent service. Order shipped the same day and arrived today, 4 business days FROM THE UK! . Faster shipping than most orders I've placed domestically. Install and impressions later today.
Strider, Andie0 and chomorro like this.

Martillo y Mantequilla #99
jd41 is online now  
post #44 of 62 Old 02-13-2017, 10:02 AM
Track Star
 
markgbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 411

I Ride: 2013 zx-6r
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd41 View Post
Black Widow offered excellent service. Order shipped the same day and arrived today, 4 business days FROM THE UK! . Faster shipping than most orders I've placed domestically. Install and impressions later today.
cool, look forward to seeing and hopefully hearing it.

2013 ZX-6R - Pearl Flat Stardust White
Puig windscreen
markgbe is offline  
post #45 of 62 Old 02-13-2017, 11:30 AM
Team Green
 
Andie0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Kent, uk
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd41 View Post
Black Widow offered excellent service. Order shipped the same day and arrived today, 4 business days FROM THE UK! . Faster shipping than most orders I've placed domestically. Install and impressions later today.


Let us no how you find it! Very easy to install and you get rid of some of the heavy shit...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andie0 is offline  
Reply

  ZX6R Forum > ZX6R Forum > The ZX6R

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My new exhaust - the JTI S4 Paul2357 The ZX6R 42 12-06-2016 01:31 PM
The JTI S4 Exhaust Paul2357 Mechanical and Technical 5 10-03-2016 03:32 PM
05 zx6r 636 exhaust stock pipe without catalytic converter DANIZX6R636 Mechanical and Technical 4 02-12-2015 01:03 PM
FS: Hotbodies MGP growler + pine box link pipe with heat shield brackets kawiDoh Classifieds 9 12-06-2013 07:30 PM
Akrapovic Link Pipe Heat Shield?! Jufresco New Users 2 09-15-2012 11:53 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome