As you may know, I picked up the ultimate turd back in February, a 2007 zx6r that's been down, has thrown a chain, is missing pieces, and is generally awful. It's perfect for what I want to do with it.
This is going to be a running thread on things I've done and issues I've come across that I may need help with.
Picture of aforementioned abortion:
Currently the bike needs a few things.
1. Chain and sprockets, has some shitty cheap ass rusty piece of junk on it at the moment.
2. Front sprocket cover, current one was grenaded when the chain went. There is oil in the vicinity, I am hoping that this is just from someone making a mess while changing the filer. It has not leaked since I've had it, so.... we'll see.
3. Oil change.
4. Throttle doesn't snap back. Snaps back when the tube is removed and you just work the cable, seems to be an assembly issue. Tube spins freely on the clipon.
5. Have a bad fork seal, need to remove them and do the seals and oil.
6. Tires. They're shot and I have questions about these. I'm a novice track rider and I plan on using this on the street now and then.
7. Rearsets, currently have shitty ones from ebay. I have some cheap beat up woodcraft ones that are going on soon.
8. The tank rocks side to side and I don't know why. It seems like all of the hardware is in place and tight but it still moves. Need to solve this.
9. Bike has 22k miles, need to check and possibly adjust valves.
10. Fairings need to go back on.
That's about everything, so nothing much at all.
1. I'm looking at a DID chain and sprocket kit for 120 bucks, any better deals out there that I should consider?
2. Oil filter options? What's good and cheap, and where to get them? I was looking for an oem kawasaki one but there's so many fakes out there I don't know what to think when I find them.
3. Everything seems to work great in the throttle assembly by itself, but once you put it all together it goes to shit. The clamps fit together great, they fit on the bar properly, the fit on the tube properly, but once you add the cables it doesn't seem to fit together properly. I feel like I'm missing something here and I don't know what.
4. I'm looking at bridgestone battlax s21 tires. I'm a novice as I said, I don't have tire warmers etc, will these be sufficient? I like the price point. To save money could I mount them myself? Do they need to be balanced or is that not an issue with bike tires? I've seen info going both ways.
Anyways, that's where I'm at. Check back for more n00b questions. thx ya'll