Bazzaz Dyno Tune Lab - 16 zX636 - ZX6R Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By PainfullySlo
  • 1 Post By jd41
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 05-04-2017, 05:50 AM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 7
Bazzaz Dyno Tune Lab - 16 zX636

Good morning all~! Looks like there is a certified bazzaz tuning lab with dynameter about 1 mile from my house. Lucky me.

Im going to call and setup an appointment to have my 2016 zx636 with ZFI-TC tuned on MAP 2 (map 1 is already tuned from the previous owner).

How much should I expect a full fuel map to cost? What questions should I be asking? What should I be looking for? Common mistakes, etc? I've never had a bike tuned before so I'd like to be fully prepared.

THanks~!
Twisty Mango is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 05-05-2017, 07:45 AM
MotoGP Champion
 
PainfullySlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,172

I Ride: 64 Ducati Monza, 99 Sprint ST, 04 TTR125, 04 Sportster, 09 GSXR600, 12 Street Triple, 13 ZX6R
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisty Mango View Post
Good morning all~! Looks like there is a certified bazzaz tuning lab with dynameter about 1 mile from my house. Lucky me.

Im going to call and setup an appointment to have my 2016 zx636 with ZFI-TC tuned on MAP 2 (map 1 is already tuned from the previous owner).

How much should I expect a full fuel map to cost? What questions should I be asking? What should I be looking for? Common mistakes, etc? I've never had a bike tuned before so I'd like to be fully prepared.

THanks~!
We charge $300 for a full dyno run with custom mapping which I believe is about average.

The basic goal of a dyno run (for street) is to smooth out the power delivery. Our bikes have horrible dips right in the middle of their power which a good tuner can dial out. Make sure to ask them for an intial run graph as well as the final tune graph for comparison.
Gawernator likes this.
PainfullySlo is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 05-05-2017, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 7
Okay great information thank you. I was quoted $360.00 plus $120.00 if block off plates need to be added. Told to drop it off for the day. Doesn't seem that far off from your target.
Twisty Mango is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 7 Old 05-08-2017, 12:37 PM
Squid
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 19
block off plates are like 30 bucks and easy to install w/ basic hand tools if you search for a tutorial. That being said 120 isnt the end of the world if you don't feel like dealing with it.
streeteg is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 05-08-2017, 12:45 PM
MotoGP Champion
 
jd41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Monterey, California
Posts: 2,730

I Ride: 2014 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisty Mango View Post
Okay great information thank you. I was quoted $360.00 plus $120.00 if block off plates need to be added. Told to drop it off for the day. Doesn't seem that far off from your target.
Schnitz ECU flash is about the same price as the block off plate installation and you can opt to disable to pair servo + all the other goodies that it adds in addition to running the dyno. https://store.schnitzracing.com/schn...ki-zx6r-13-15/
ninjaman89 likes this.

Martillo y Mantequilla #99

Last edited by jd41; 05-08-2017 at 02:39 PM. Reason: clarification
jd41 is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 05-08-2017, 02:35 PM
World Superbike Racer
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 1,255
You have to put it on a dyno to get the correct air/fuel ratio.
the prophet is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 05-08-2017, 02:36 PM
World Superbike Champion
 
Gawernator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Hayward, CA
Posts: 2,068

I Ride: 2015 ZX-6R 636; 2009 250R; 1999 KX125
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PainfullySlo View Post
We charge $300 for a full dyno run with custom mapping which I believe is about average.

The basic goal of a dyno run (for street) is to smooth out the power delivery. Our bikes have horrible dips right in the middle of their power which a good tuner can dial out. Make sure to ask them for an intial run graph as well as the final tune graph for comparison.
It's because of emissions and sound regs right?

Watchdog Armory Racing AFM #725 Thanks to my 2017 Sponsors:
JPH Suspension | AXO | Armour Bodies | BELL Helmets | Braven | EVLUTION Nutrition | Forcefield Armor | FunTrackDayz | Galfer | Incipio/Incase | Motion Pro | MOTUL | Matrix Racing Concepts | ODI Grips | OGIO | Outlaw Racing/Pit Posse Motorsports | Shorai Inc. | SPEEDMOB | Vortex | Woodcraft
http://www.gawerracing.com
Gawernator is offline  
Reply

  ZX6R Forum > ZX6R Forum > The ZX6R

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dyno Tune Question Felixthecat Mechanical and Technical 26 12-27-2016 08:05 PM
The Breakdown on Fuel Management Systems EvilTwin Mechanical and Technical 125 12-22-2015 03:16 PM
Auto tune or no auto tune? Jcarrier The ZX6R 12 12-19-2014 10:24 AM
Bazzaz Z-AFM or Professional Dyno Tune laggy311 The ZX6R 13 11-05-2014 02:11 AM
Bazzaz dyno tune anyone? virusche East Coast 3 08-10-2011 09:54 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome