2013+ exhaust servo cables? - ZX6R Forum
 4Likes
  • 2 Post By MrZ
  • 1 Post By MrZ
  • 1 Post By andananimal
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 05-13-2017, 04:40 AM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bristol UK
Posts: 14
2013+ exhaust servo cables?

Does the 2013 zx636 have butterfly valve thingy with servo cables somewhere on the exhaust?
andananimal is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 05-13-2017, 04:43 AM
Squid
 
KHansen89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 23
Yes it does! Butterfly valve should be rite before the muffler I believe and the servo motor is under the riders seat!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
KHansen89 is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old 05-13-2017, 05:02 AM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bristol UK
Posts: 14
Bugger. Is there a method to remove or disable it when i fit the link pipe and aftermarket slip on and remove the cat?

Thanks for the speedy reply btw!
andananimal is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 8 Old 05-13-2017, 05:11 AM
Squid
 
KHansen89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 23
That I can't give a definitive answer unfortunately cause I bought mine with all of that removed already! I can't imagine it being to difficult though! I do believe someone has a servo delete for sale as well in here!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
KHansen89 is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 05-13-2017, 07:33 AM
MrZ
World Superbike Racer
 
MrZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Athens / Greece
Posts: 1,213

I Ride: my sexy Julia
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by andananimal View Post
Bugger. Is there a method to remove or disable it when i fit the link pipe and aftermarket slip on and remove the cat?

Thanks for the speedy reply btw!
You will disconnect the cables when you remove your stock exhaust and then you have to completely disconnect them from the servo motor under the seat.
13+ owners claim that you won't have an FI light or anything if you do that. But you could also get a "servo eliminator" module and completely ditch that servo motor for decreased weight and more space under the seat...for stuff
andananimal and KHansen89 like this.
MrZ is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 05-13-2017, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bristol UK
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZ View Post
You will disconnect the cables when you remove your stock exhaust and then you have to completely disconnect them from the servo motor under the seat.
13+ owners claim that you won't have an FI light or anything if you do that. But you could also get a "servo eliminator" module and completely ditch that servo motor for decreased weight and more space under the seat...for stuff
Thank you mate! very helpful and much appreciated
andananimal is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 05-13-2017, 08:32 AM
MrZ
World Superbike Racer
 
MrZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Athens / Greece
Posts: 1,213

I Ride: my sexy Julia
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by andananimal View Post
Thank you mate! very helpful and much appreciated
Also, i forgot...you won't be removing the cat if you don't change headers...because it's build in there.
So, if you still want to remove it, you have to DIY drill it out etc...or use aftermarket headers, or a full exhaust.
andananimal likes this.
MrZ is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 05-13-2017, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bristol UK
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZ View Post
Also, i forgot...you won't be removing the cat if you don't change headers...because it's build in there.
So, if you still want to remove it, you have to DIY drill it out etc...or use aftermarket headers, or a full exhaust.
yes, going to try the DIY method! but need to save for a bazzaz and dyno tune before i do that
MrZ likes this.
andananimal is offline  
Reply

  ZX6R Forum > ZX6R Forum > The ZX6R

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2013 636 Exhaust Options PowerGroove The ZX6R 1208 05-23-2017 03:11 PM
Exhaust Removal 2013 636 ZX6R IvyLeague Mechanical and Technical 8 09-16-2014 01:44 PM
2013 zx6r 636 servo wheel removal chips Mechanical and Technical 0 08-24-2014 12:10 PM
ZX-6R 2013 Stock Exhaust dB level? lun471k Mechanical and Technical 18 01-23-2014 01:50 PM
exhaust servo eliminator joey08zx6r The ZX6R 5 12-18-2013 01:52 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome